“Great ambiance and laid-back dinner”

Bar Italia Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bar Italia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 3,067 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central West End
Cross street: Euclid
Transit: Close to the metro link Central west end station. Bus stop near by.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

What I loved about this place - the outside dining. It was a beautiful night and a great place to relax. The food was great and they were very accommodating to my friend who had dietary issues. Service was very slow - but I think that was intentional and it didn't bother us at all - left us plenty of time just to sit outside and enjoy each other's company. For that alone, I don't think this is a place for little kids. One tip - they have a row of seats where one side is chairs and the other side is a bench with cushions. I would try and avoid it if possible, as it the bench was low and our friends had to sit awkwardly to eat. But otherwise a great experience and we will be back!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is one of the few Tripadvisor suggestions that actually was as good as they say. Our party of five all agree that this is one of the best dining experiences we have had here in St. Louis. One thing that made it great was our waiter, Tony. He was the most informed wait person we have ever had. He took our drink orders and then started telling us the extensive list of specials. I lost count at eight. He rattled off all the details of every dish, and then still could tell us everything about the menu items. Wow! Even my oldest son that is a culinary school grad said he was a cut above any wait staff he knew. Bar Italia better hold on to this one, or at least have him train everyone else here. And the food...well is was fantastic, although on the pricey side. The Diver scallops were cooked perfectly...can you say Hell's Kitchen!....the veal was excellent, the salads to die for, and the pork chop very tasty as well. The drinks were also very good. I would suggest this establishment to any one.....ask for Tonys' table...you will be treated right....

2  Thank Akumalholic
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have eaten at Bar Italia many many times, and it is always wonderful! Great food, wonderful service, and sitting on the patio is great! Had my "ladies luncheon" there with my bridesmaids and mothers, and everyone loved it!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a wonderful meal and split it they were greata about the split thing some places are not so much. Food was wonderful and i think later in the evening they have a live band and a hopping bar. We were there early and missed that but a young crowd was forming so it may be a good late night hang out.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great outdoor dining and the lobster ravioli (off menu) is great.