“Chinese Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chinese Food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hot braised shrimp was tasty. I was extremely glad that it was not over breaded like every other place in the city that serves this dish. I miss Four Seasons Chinese food that was on S. Grand. They had the best ever! This is not even close to as tasty but it is the only place I have found where there is more shrimp than breading. The sauce was good. not spicy enough and a bit salty but good. The service was very friendly and food was hot and fresh. I will go back when I get the craving.

• Visited March 2013

Olivette, Missouri, United States
“Overall Winner”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been eating here for about 4 years now. I always get the hot braised chicken lunch special so I can only speak to that and tell you that it is great. The owner is very nice and welcoming. He takes good care of his customers. Good price and good value.

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant while at home. I drive past many other Chinese restaurants that are much closer to my house. I make the trip because I know that everything will be freshly prepared and will taste excellent.

• Visited November 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Our favorite Chinese in St. Louis”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stopped by Yen Ching for lunch recently and were favorably impressed. One caveat if you are sensitive to MSG you can request the main course to be prepared MSG free. My husband is sensitive so he ordered his main course free of MSG. We both love their Yen Ching Beef and the lunch portion seemed as large as the dinner but at a much reduced price. Lunch also included Sweet and sour soup and an egg roll (presumably with MSG) and hot tea. My husband figured a small amount of MSG in the soup and egg roll wouldn't bother him...and it didn't. Everything about the meal was excellent, including the service. We are seniors and often prefer to take our main meal at lunch and graze for dinner. This gets two thumbs up from us.

• Visited October 2012
“Excellent Chinese”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Been around a long time in great location, and continues to serve very good food.

• Visited February 2012
“Best Chinese”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The chinese food here is really good and they are proud of it. The price is about double normal chinese takeout but definitely worth it every now and then.