“Rough start but amazing finish”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #18 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I would like to first admit my first experience with the front desk staff was not great at all. I did email Candice and had a conversation with Jesstine and they rectified the situation within less than 24 hrs. It made the entire stay worthwhile. The grounds were amazingly beautiful, the room in which we were upgraded to by Jesstine was breathtaking. This hotel definitely know how to treat their guest and it made the end of our trip great. I know when thinking of a casino/hotel you worry about the smoke smell, in the hotel area you wouldn't know a casino is attached you can not smell the smoke at all. The products utilized are so calming and relaxing all of their bathroom products had lavender in them it was a great relaxation product to end a great family vacation. The bathroom makes you not want to ever leave and the bed was so comfortable. The hotel is not downtown but not far from downtown. We had a view of the river so we seen boats come in and out.
Pros:
-friendly staff
-huge rooms
-great decor
-ceiling to floor windows
-clean rooms
-great products
-bathroom with TV in mirrors

Cons:
*initially the front desk staff but it was made right by Candice and Jesstine
-check in is not until 4pm

Overall a great hotel with lots of upgrades in ever room. This makes you feel like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room it's worth every penny. We stayed on the 7th floor it was amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tish65

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay here. The room was perfect. I think great for the price. I did have one little issue though. Im from Arkansas and 23 and everytime I went into the casino it seamed like it took them at least 3-5 minutes to check my ID and after all that I was eating breakfast with my wife and was approched my security asking to see my ID once again. By this time I was in and out of the casino at least 5 times. I just found it very rude. But none the less the stay was great and ended up winning $2000!!!! I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cody e
Reviewed June 28, 2014

we Stayed there just for one night but it was amazing. If you want to have fun and spend some money in casino, don't hesitate just go for it. but be sure that you don't want to go to city because it is a little bit far form city.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shima M
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is fairly new and the rooms are clean with plenty of immenities. The staff is friendly and prompt when a request is made. We waited only a couple minutes and my blanket request arrived. Breakfast options include a cafe and buffet, both are fairly priced.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bam694
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Although it was a bit confusing driving in for the hotel checkin when we didn't use the valet service, there was plenty of room in the garage. Check in was pleasant and efficient. We liked the fact that you could only get on to the floor you were staying on, needing a key in the elevator. The basic king room is furnished beautifully and the shower is amazing.the free wifi came on immediately. It is well worth the price compared to other hotels in the area and we actually won in the Casino. Great place. I would recommend this to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlackLabMom_13
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here for the first time. It will not be our last. Looking forward to going back to St Louis just so we can stay there. It was the last stop on our vacation and it far exceeded our expectations. The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are stunning, very comfortable with beautiful large bathrooms. Halls are quiet, never heard anyone in the halls like you do in most hotels.Easy access to the casino which is also very clean and beautiful.The staff is fantastic, Pat at the front desk gave us lots of information about things to do in St Louis and directions. The casino dealers were fantastic, very friendly and extremely helpful.Buffet was to die for and worth the cost. We have very picky eaters with us and they were extremely satisfied, not one complaint from them and that's unusual.
The only down side is the location, it's not in the heart of St Louis. However, it's not to far of a drive to most of the sights and attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for an even number room, they overlook the Mississippi River and front of the hotel. Sign up for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth K
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is the second trip to RCC (River City Casino & Hotel) and won't be the last. The staff are awesome! From Brian, our bellman, who welcomed us on this visit to Valentino the valet who told me we could go for a swim in the fountain, with a twinkle in his eye, to Mary our waitress at the buffet who went out of her way to get creme brulee for the elderly couple seated near us, as with the first visit, everyone who works there has made us feel welcome. And the food! My husband said the bread pudding alone made up for his losses in the casino! We had dessert first our second night, too tempting to resist! Then the sushi, asian, delicious cheeses, fresh crisp salad bar, and did I mention the prime rib I only had to use a fork to cut? The next morning we had the steak and eggs for $7.77 (not a typo) at Lewy Nine’s Café for breakfast and it was very well prepared.
When we arrived we were informed there was an additional delay in opening the casino on Monday night, we had been notified by phone two days prior to our reservation it would not open until 5P, and were given complimentary buffet vouchers.
It was wonderful mini vacation! The beds are plush, there is no smoke smell in the rooms, important due my husband's asthma. And the view from the 6th floor the first visit gave a glimpse of the arch, this room the river and it's barg traffic, very romantic! We walked along the river's edge in the cool of the evening after over buffeting, just across the drive. The location isaway from road noise and sirens and horns of downtown locations, it is an oasis!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor if you are a non smoker.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple