“Will stay again”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We decided to reserve a room in advance so no one had to drive home after our girls night out. We did get a smoking room instead of non-smoking, but they more than made up for it. The staff at the front desk were very polite and sorry for the mix up. Comfortable bed, awesome shower, very nicely decorated, and the TV in the bathroom mirror was really cool. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kristy W
Jesstine J, Front Office Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor. I am so sorry we were unable to accomodate your room request, but I am glad you enjoyed your stay in spite of that. We hope to have you and your friends for another girls' night out soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very clean and new......had a great stay.....only little thing for me was the pillows ....they were super fluffy...just my taste.......but all in all it was good..guest service was ultra Nice ....

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the opportunity to rate us on Tripadvisor. We do have a foam pillow option available for our guests who prefer a firm pillow, please let us know next time you stay with us and we would be more than happy to bring them to your room for you.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a great stay at River City. The room was awesome - loved the TV in the bathroom mirror! Everything was clean (and I am picky) and the bed was comfy. Casino was fun. All the employees were friendly and helpful. The best part of our stay, however, was definitely JERRY! He made it his personal mission to see that we had a good time. Loved coming down to the lobby to see his smiling face. He hooked us up big time on my boyfriend's birthday. I would come back here just to see Jerry (and probably will). Hi Jerry!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My room was wonderful. So many upscale upgrades that I was not expecting! There was a rain showerhead and a television in the bathroom mirror. Room Service was excellent, Valet was free, and eveyone that I came in contact with was super nice and professional! I will be going back ASAP!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

I am so happy you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, that is what we are here for! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stopped here on our way to points further west for a night and was pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful as was the entire property. Our room had a great view of the river. Valet was free and the front desk clerk was professional and friendly. Room service portions were huge and delicious and it was delivered promptly. There are several restaurants on property and of course the casino. That would be my only negative is that the slots are not very loose at all and so you don't want to spend much time there when one keeps losing. If they at least keep you playing then you stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joaniejr
Jesstine J, Front Office Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, I am so happy you enjoyed your room and food accomodations. We hope to have you as our guest soon (hopefully next time you will have lady luck on your side!)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Husband and I celebrated our anniversary in the suite. Most amazing room I've ever been in! I didn't want to leave! Felt like royalty! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating! My husband surprised me with a red velvet cake and they had it all prepared beautifully! There was the beautiful cake, chocolate covered strawberries, and a cute little (large) chocolate house awaiting us as we entered! I doubt we will ever be able to top our experience there! Just amazing!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite....worth it! Fit for royalty!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ShyLhmy

Thank you for spending such a special night with us at River City, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. And I must agree with you- those suites are breathtaking! We look forward to having you for next years' anniversary as well!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

On our cross country trek, we stayed in some very nice hotels. This one was exceptional. From the time we walked into the opulent entrance, The room was very large and beautiful. The floor to ceiling windows offered a nice view of the countryside. The curtains were controlled by a switch on the wall. The biggest surprise was the tv in the bathroom mirror! Excellent!
The only complaint that I had was at check-in. Check-in starts at 4:00 pm. We arrived at 4:45 pm and had to wait until approx. 5:30 pm until our room was cleaned and inspected.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I want to apologize for you having to wait for your room to be ready. We pride ourselves on offerring our guests a beautiful facilitiy with warm, welcoming, and timely service. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future so we can truly serve you.