“Good times..good times!”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #20 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed January 11, 2014

When we walked in we were immediately greeted by a friendly staff. Check-in took less 10 minutes and we were escorted to our room by Jerry the bellman. He then took the time to show us around our room and explained how everything worked. He filled our ice bucket for us and offered several helpful suggestions. He had us laughing the entire time. If you get a chance ask him about the cat who went to heaven. A very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank funneebeach

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We decided to get away during this snowy winter weather and were very pleased with River City, unlike a lot of casino hotels the staff actually acted pleased we were there. Patria at the front desk was very helpful and the bellman Christian took us up to our room to show us all the amenities since this was our first trip to River City. The room was very clean and comfortable plus the shower was really great. We had a tasty breakfast at Louie Nines restaurant but the dinner buffet the night before left a lot to be desired. They focused strictly on the crab legs and had little else to eat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great room and service! Check in a fast and simple and the room was great. Very clean and cool design. Best part of the stay had to be Jerry the bell man!! He was very helpful and friendly, even showed us how the tv and lights worked!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a great experience in our room. It was beautiful!! Loved the pillows, blankets, mattress and towels. I really loved the shower!! The decor in the lobby and around the main restaurants was also beautiful and clean. The location was odd. It is in an industrial zone so the scenery is not great and I don't know that I ever felt really safe. At first I thought that maybe that was the way it had to be because I have seen some casino's that have to be in the industrial zones. But they have them downtown?? The casino was roomy but HOT!! And not the good kinda of HOT!! It was too warm and I am a smoker and it was way too smokey. Needs some ventilation. The slots were hard up too!! So if you are just going for the room it is beautiful and affordable. But if you are in to play. I don't know that I would recommend it here. Customer Service was great! Thank you Pat!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerad H, Director of Hotel & Development at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback! I am extremely happy that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and like most of our guests, you really loved the comfortable bedding and relaxing shower. I will certainly pass on your thank you to our Hotel Front Desk Rep Pat. She is a great team member and loves wowing our guests.

I do apologize that you found the casino temp to warm and a little smoky. We continually monitor the casino environment and make adjusts to keep it a comfortable temperature for our guests. Our river front location in LeMay allows us to be out of the downtown traffic while also being an easy 15 minutes from the area’s most popular attractions – St Louis Arch, Busch Stadium, Edward Jones Dome, St Louis Zoo, Grant’s Farm, and many others.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again as our guest in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed 2 nights here for our anniversary, and the hotel is absolutely Beautiful. The rooms are amazing, its like your at home here. The doormen was so informative and keep our attention the whole tour. This hotel deserve 10 stars. We will be staying here more often, especially during the summer since at the moment we're having this terrible snow storm.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tedra S
Gerad H, Director of Hotel & Development at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such great feedback! While the snow storm and sub-zero temps certainly put a damper on things outside, we are very excited that your anniversary with River City exceeded your expectations. It is such a tremendous honor when guests choose our property for their special occasions so our goal is make sure you leave with a warm feeling and a positive memory.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future, stay warm!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

What a great place!!! First off Christian the bell man was FANTASTIC!!! The check-in was simple...this was a comp stay and we were put in an Executive Suite! Gorgeous room! Loved the security features...the elevator needs to have a room key card to use felt very safe...Christian escorted me to my room and asked if I wanted or needed anything...I asked where the ice machine was he said he would get it...he saw that I had wine and offered to get me wine glasses and a cork screw that we could use...Wow! never have that kind of customer service these days...I am a travel agent so I stay in a lot of hotels and this was one of the best! The bed was wonderful Egyptian cotton sheets, beautiful bedding and pillows....the bathroom has 2 head rain shower head that could hold about 4 people...the mirror in the bath had a TV integrated into the glass. really cool! The draperies were on a remote and the view was cool of the Mississippi River....wonderful stay...the room service was right on time in the AM and the food was delicious...the presentation was lovely! I cant wait to stay here again...lots of nice personal touches as well and the best hotel staff I have encountered in a long time. Docking station for Ipod, Iphones as well as charging stations...free Wi-Fi too...Thanks for a great stay wish the casino was a bit more generous...LOL

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such incredible comments. Our Bell Man Christian is an absolute gem! He loves serving our guests and creating great experiences that make you say WOW! I am so glad that you enjoyed the many amenities and comforts of our new hotel. We really did want to make it extremely comfortable while adding the best of technology.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had a great stay there overnight celebrating my son's 21st birthday. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are great with a televison built into the mirror. The bedroom television is framed to resemble art! Didn't get a chance to check out the fitness center this time, but I have another stay booked soon. Didn't eat at the restaurant this stay, but will review in a few days after my second stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such a great review. I hope your son enjoyed his 21st b-day! We just love celebrating special occasions with our guests as it gives us a chance to have some fun with you while creating a lasting memory.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future...hopefully for your next b-day!