“great visit”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #20 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed December 11, 2013

i wish we had locks on bathroom doors for much privacy, otherwise i just loved my stay there and I will highly recommend it to others. the staff was very friendly,being that it was a concert being held on the night of my visit

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such great feedback. Part of our expansion was adding our new spacious event center. This additional space allows us to host exciting entertainers as well as local galas and events. It is truly a great space and we are excited about our ongoing events.

Thank you again and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed the hotel and concert! We all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

but not much else! Room was actually great, very attractive. Temperature comfortable, bed nice with full-size pillows (not those cute little square things). Even had a picture frame around the wall-mounted TV. Crown molding all around. Bathroom mirror very well lit, something you don't see very often. The shower had a rain head on the ceiling. You have a nice view of towboats going up and down the river outside. The staff is friendly and treats you well. But you're reminded they only love you for your money when you see the 12 ounce bottled waters in the room for $2 each!!! Come on, when you pay this much for a room they could throw that in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerad H, Director of Hotel & Development at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am so happy that you enjoyed the overall comfort of the room and the wonderful overhead rain shower. Our guests have found our rooms very comfortable and appreciate the many details. I also wanted to let you know that based on guest feedback such as yours, our in room bottled water is now complimentary. We pride ourselves on truly listening to our guests and making changes when it is the right thing to do. This was one such case.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

SIncerely

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The rooms description said there was floor to ceiling windows, and a coffee maker. This was not the case in our room. The service was wonderful. It was a nice stay. We did book the executive suite so it was a little bit of a let down. However, the concierge did call to make sure we were happy. Not sure if we were given the wrong room.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us some helpful feedback. Please accept my apologies that the accommodations didn't meet your expectations. As you mentioned, it appears there was indeed a room mix up. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to have you come back and stay with us again in the room you expected to have had that night. Please feel free to contact me at ghardy@rivercity.com.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in your hotel back in November. It was late night and couldn't sleep. Casino was close. Your front desk agent Nicole was so polite and pleasant. She talk to me and made me feel so comfortable about my day had before me. See I was in town for some medical test. The great customer service I've received through out my stay is above any other. I will be coming back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Gerad H, Director of Hotel & Development at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving such wonderful comments. While Nicole works our late night shift, she still loves to greet our guests and make sure they have the same warm, comfortable experience. Sometimes that little extra touch from a caring team member is what you need to have a great day.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I got this room for my cousin and I to see The Thunder From Down Under. I was IMPRESSED. The check in was very good from Quinn. I just had the one question about how long they hold money on my debit card and she answered it effortlessly. Then she smiled every time I walked by the desk.

The room was awesome! Beds were super comfy. Good size. But the showstopper had to be the bathroom. There was a TV in the mirror! AH! The toilet was in a separate room from the sink, which with two girls is nice. The shower had a rain shower head and a regular one. Lots of counter space. I like that they really went all out on the bathroom.

We ate at lewey's and then went to the very sexy show! Had so much fun.

The casino was also very nice. I won a little money. Bartenders were quick and made good drinks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My experience here on Friday, November 29th was perfect. My mom and I came to visit the hotel for a tour. I am getting married on January 4, so we booked a block of rooms for our wedding party and guests. Patria took us on the tour of the hotel and she was awesome. She was so nice and so funny. She made us laugh a lot and we really enjoyed the experience.
She first took us into a standard room. They were so pretty. I love the furniture and the sliding bathroom doors. These rooms are beyond "standard."
We also checked out the patio rooms. These were so cool. I have never seen any hotel room like this. I love the walk out patio. I think these rooms will be a big hit for a lot of our wedding party.
And the best for last, the Director Suite. This room is jaw dropping. My soon to be husband and I will be staying in one of these rooms for two nights. (the night of the wedding and day after) I am sooo excited to have one of these rooms. As soon as I walked in I was just amazed. The bathroom had me speechless. I have never in my life stayed in a hotel room like this before, so I can not wait for our wedding night and relaxing day after. We are not able to take a honeymoon right after the wedding, so knowing I will be staying in a room like this makes it all perfect.
Not only were the rooms amazing, but the customer service was great. We had so much fun taking a tour and the ladies at the front desk were all so friendly. I was nervous to pick a hotel I had never stayed at for our wedding room block, but my trip there Friday reassured me I made a great choice. I am so excited for our wedding party and our guests to stay at this hotel. I know we will all great treated wonderful and will enjoy our stay. Only one month away!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for such wonderful comments. We are all so excited that you have chosen River City as your site for your wedding night and guest accommodations. I promise we will take good care of everyone and make sure that your big day is absolutely PERFECT!!! It is our honor and privilege to be a part of such a great memory. Please don’t forget we are here to help in any way we can.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in January.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

very nice clean hotel nice rooms great value but they do not have coffee makers in the rooms and it is a long way to go to buy coffee rooms are very well decorated very clean the only problem we had was that the housekeepers start cleaning at 7am and woke us up by being loud in the hallway this is bad due to the fact it is a casino hotel and most people that stay there are up late at nite and d not want to be woken up at 7 am

Room Tip: bring your own coffee maker