“Excellent Customer Service from staff and Beautiful rooms.”

River City Casino & Hotel
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My stay at River City Hotel was wonderful. Beautiful rooms, excellent staff especially the customer service I received from Jerry Howell on every visit. I've stayed at many hotels and the staff here is AWESOME !! Jerry is always waiting to offer assistance with a smile and friendly conversation. The professional apperance of the staff and caring attitude has made my experience enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor it is amazing. Like a 5 star hotel if not better !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and sending such wonderful comments. We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay. You are right, Jerry our Bellman is an absolute gem! He really has a passion for serving our guests and insuring they have a great stay. I will share your feedback with him. He will be so delighted!

Thank you again and we all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My stay was wonderful . On a smaller scale, it is a Las Vegas style experience.
The restaurants are fabulous and the hotel and casino are great...but most of all, I experienced the most pleasant and caring staff members of any hotel that I have visited in a long while. I usually manage a trip or two to various hotels / casinos monthly having recently retired. This was my first opportunity to stay at River City...and I am aware that the facility is new and everything is modern and spotless ... I don't believe you will regret spending a few days at River City.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are extremely excited that the service, restaurants, and new hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and we all look forward to serving you again as our guest in the future.

Safe travels

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our second stay. While visiting St Louis, often we lean towards the hotel/casino combo always a great place to have our local friends meet us. Its always pleasant staying in a newer hotel, as we visited at most of the areas casinos over the years. The art appointments as one walks through the halls has been done with elegance throughout, from lobby to the rooms. But best , I most remember my customer experience, as first checking in at the front desk. Also having met with Mr. David Smith, who was extremely helpful. An asset for sure, any service company would be proud to have on their team.

Redondo Beach, CA
Larry G.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with River City Casino & Hotel and providing such great feedback. Your comments about our property and our staff is greatly appreciated, especially the the ones about Front Office Supervisor David. He is truly a great service professional who cares about his co-workers and his guests. I will share your positive feedback with him so he knows firsthand how much he is appreciated by both our guests and our team.

Thank you again for staying with us and for providing such great feedback. We all look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is only a month old and spotless! The lobby reminded me of Bellagio in Las Vegas. Beautiful flooring and chandeliers. Nice hotel room security with room key access only elevators. It does have a casino further down where smoking is allowed, but the lobby is a considerable distance away. Modern bathrooms in the hotel room. The rain shower overhead and the spray from a 2nd shower head in this spacious spa shower were amazing! I was tickled by being able to watch tv in the bathroom shower mirror. Only draw back was our check in was delayed by a wedding party whom took precedence over us even though they hadn't stood in line.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerad H, General Manager at River City Casino & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at River City Casino & Hotel. We are extremely proud of our new hotel and even more excited by the many positive comments guests such as yourself are giving us. The bathroom and showers have been one of the biggest hits. Guests absolutely love the oversized shower area, convenience of the built in vanity TV’s, and the overhead spa like rain shower head. We truly want our guests to feel pampered and surrounded by comfort.

I do apologize for the inconvenient wait time you experienced at check in and will certainly review our service expectations with my team.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The rooms decor is beautiful. This is the first I have never stayed in a hotel without a refrigerator or coffe maker. I was told at the front desk I could request one. Extra charge no thank you. Burger Brothers were excellent as usual.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing valuable feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay. In regards to refridgerators and coffeemakers, we absolutely understand that many guests enjoy having these amenities in their room. For this reason, we are happy to deliver both of these amenities (refridgerator and coffee maker) upon request to any of our rooms. These are provided on a complimentary basis, no charge is applied.

In addition, to better serve our guests, we have added coffee makers to our upgraded Patio Rooms and Executive Luxury Rooms. For guests who choose our standard Luxury room, our beautiful promenade has a distinctive Peet’s Coffee Cart featuring freshly brewed coffees, custom lattes, pastries, and more.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with River City Casino & Hotel. We are absolutely delighted to have served you and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous and very upscale for a casino hotel. However they need better signage directing guests to hotel check-in. We drove around for a while trying to figure out which doors were casino and which were hotel entrances. Rooms are nicely appointed, and the bathrooms are spacious, walk-in showers are spa-like with regular and rain forest shower heads. Only negative was the rooms have NO coffee makers which was very aggravating. Front desk staff was very apologetic and offered to have a complimentary cup of coffee sent up if we called the front desk. We will definitely stay there again, but I'll pack my travel coffee pot.
Hint to travelers coming from I-55 in Illinois. The casino/hotel is south of The city, to avoid going through downtown St louis, take the I-355 bypass toward St. louis/Memphis. After you cross the bridge into Missouri, take MO-231 / Telegraph Rd exit 2. Continue on Telegraph Rd to River City Casino Blvd.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anola S

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing valuable feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay. Your comment on the need for additional directional signage is great and we have already addressed it. New Hotel Registration signage has been installed in our entry drive. In regards to coffeemakers, we absolutely understand that many guests enjoy a great cup of coffee in the morning. To better serve our guests, we have added coffee makers to our upgraded Patio Rooms and Executive Luxury Rooms. For guests who choose our standard Luxury room, our beautiful promenade has a distinctive Peet’s Coffee Cart featuring freshly brewed coffees, custom lattes, pastries, and more.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

this hotel just opened. Greatest pillows an bed. Staff is awesome!!!! Beautuful decor and the dining and casino is just down the lobby. Concerts are now being held here.close to downtown st.louis. .the arch..ballgames...and shopping!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 557Carla557

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing such wonderful comments. We are all extremely excited about the opening of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the many amenities our property has to offer.

Thank you again for staying with us. We are absolutely delighted to have served you and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.