“Something different!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th & Park
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband, daughter and I ate dinner here while visiting St. Louis. The person who seated us explained that the menu is meant to be reminiscent of a 1930's Belgium Bistro. While I'm not well-versed in that subject, I do have to admit that the menu offered some very interesting choices - not quite French, but definitely European. I ordered the mussels as an entree and they were very good and plentiful. My husband ordered the Kippenwaterzooi and my daughter ordered the vegetarian version of the same dish. We were all quite pleased with our orders and shared tastes from each plate.

The down side is the price - $90.00 for 3 without alcohol or dessert.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Tripel happens to be my very favorite restaurant in St. Louis at the moment, and for the foreseeable future. Traditional, rustic fair bursting with perfectly executed balanced flavors. The food comes out right the first time, every time. There is a flow to the menu, each course compliments the next no matter what combination you chose. The house salad is in itself enough reason to return time and again (in spite of the fact that I'm more of a meat and potatoes girl). The staff is very competent, servers, hosts, and bus staff all work together to create a lovely ambiance. Kevin is an impeccable server, tactful, pleasant, diligent, knowledgeable, honest and eager to create a satisfying experience.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stopped in for an early dinner before a show. Not very busy, but we had a very nice dining experience. Shared some mussels which were excellent. They have a nice selection and a good system to make sure they are fresh. Nice menu, with some unique items. Had the elk, which was prepared as ordered and quite tasty. Dinner partners had a variety of entrees, and all were judged as excellent. Facility is very roomy and might be a little loud when busy. Big selection of beers and house wine was a good value. Server, Alexandra, was very knowledgeable and informative about the menu and provided some good suggestions.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We enjoyed the atmosphere and food and look forward to sharing this find with our friends. Jim, one of the owner's, was friendly and interesting as he told us of his path to open this new restaurant. The beer selection was fun to choose from and the smoked manhattan is a unique drink to try. A lovely time!

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for drinks and dessert. At the bar, the bartender gave me dessert recommendations and paired the perfect drink with it. The bartenders are dressed professionally with ties, unlike tshirts you will find at other nearby places.