“Excellent service, yummy dessert”
Review of Tripel - CLOSED

Tripel
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th & Park
Pennsylvania
“Excellent service, yummy dessert”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by for drinks and dessert. At the bar, the bartender gave me dessert recommendations and paired the perfect drink with it. The bartenders are dressed professionally with ties, unlike tshirts you will find at other nearby places.

Clayton, Missouri
“First time at this new restaurant”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our first time at this new Belgian style restaurant, and we liked it very much. The service was very good. The food was delicious, but I thought the menu was somewhat limited.

The beer menu was exhaustive, and our server was well-versed on the options.

All of our dishes, including an "egg salad", pommes frites, mussels, and the fish (skate) special were quite delicious and filling. The Belgian waffles (what else?) for dessert were also nice.

It was quite busy on Saturday night. We hope to return again soon

Visited January 2014
Kiev, Ukraine
“Great mussels”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

What a great restaurant! The owner himself May stop by to say hello. The mussels are freshly delivered every day from Canada. Large and super fresh. Your choice of six different sauces. Excellent service, good prices, great atmosphere.

1 Thank Steven123
East Hampton, Connecticut
“Stay awhile”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My son has recently moved to the area and suggested we all visit Tripel on a recent Saturday afternoon.

The location on Park Ave and the curb appeal were very nice. The interior with the dark wood was visually appealing.

We enjoyed trying their own recipes for cocktails-- I had a Luscardo(?) made with gin, lime and other ingredients= delish!
There is an extensive menu of beers to try.
We enjoyed a leisurely lunch of drinks, homemade pomme frites and wonderful ham and cheese sandwiches.

Our server was delightful, warm and friendly and provided excellent service.

While we were there many other tables began to fill up.
In our estimation Tripel is a place to spend time with good friends and good drinks in a lovely new restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Outstanding, Authentic Belgian Experience!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

A couple notes...my husband is Belgian and spent many years there growing up before coming to the US, we traveled to Belgian earlier this year and experienced some great food and beer:)
We both loved this place! They have a great Belgian beer list and also offer wine and specialty cocktails. My husband had the Leek Salad with soft boiled egg and raved about it being like his grandmother would make, he loved it! I had the Flemish Beef Stew over frites and it was delicious! The beef was super tender, gravy flavorful and delicious and the frites were salty and yummy served with a side of house made mayo! Yum....I kept eating after I was full...I could not stop myself:) My husband had the mussels and said they were some of the best he has ever had.
Our server was great, knew the menu and beers very well. The décor is very cool and we love the Lafayette Square neighborhood in general. We were seated near the bar and it is the holiday season so things were lively! There would be quieter areas of the restaurant if you so desired. I only wish we had gone sooner. We will be back and take family when they come to visit!!

• Visited December 2013