“New Restaurant in Lafayette Square”
Review of Tripel - CLOSED

Tripel
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th & Park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Restaurant in Lafayette Square”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is a new restaurant is well stocked with Belgian Beers. I enjoyed an excellent meal and the menu is a first for St Louis. Each one of us at the table ordered something different off the menu so that we were able to sample many of the menu items. My favorite was the Stoofviees and my son ordered one of the appetizers which was excellent. The service was great and the atmosphere is wonderful. Will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“House made Sausages - wonderful”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful meal. One had the Antelope - very tasty. Another the beef stew over frites and finally the house made sausages and sauerkraut. All was fabulous and we ate every bite. Must go back again!

• Visited September 2013
Memphis, TN
“merveilleux, wonderbaar”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stopped in while visiting friends and we were very pleased... The menu was fantastically different. I had the Stoofvlees (beef stew over frites) while my wife had the Mussels A la Marinière (in a White wine shallot broth). WOW is all I can say.

The beer list is great as well - we really enjoyed sampling the Belgian abbey style ales.

• Visited September 2013
“wonderful”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been to Tripel twice now with consistent quality both times. My wife had the mussels the first time while I had the venison with a marchand de vin sauce. The next time we both had the antelope, my wife with the marchand de vin myself with the poivre . This displays one of the fun things about Tripel- the ability to try dishes with different sauces, each displaying different qualities of the dish.

The wine list is relatively modest, but works well with the dishes on the menu. The beer list is wonderful, with many great choices. Service was excellent both times.

• Visited July 2013
“PLEASINGLY DIFFERENT”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

HAS A BELGIAN NATIVE I WAS PLEASE. BELGIAN ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR CULINARY ART. The menu was authentic. The beer list totally Belgian, great French wine list, congratulations to the management. and to the serving staff. A bread basket with assortment of bread and slices of Belgian waffle, a memorable beginning. I order as 1st course Frites with Mussels and Mayo, great but the frites should be served in a paper cone. For 2nd course My wife ordered the Choucroute and myself the Antilope, both very good. For 3th course a delightful Baba au Rum.I can forget to mention the unique table setting including china and cleaver water vessel. The owner stop by to chat, always a great touch. Being new I wish Tripel success!

• Visited August 2013