“A Hidden Gem”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Dallas, TX
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I was in St. Louis for the Memorial Day weekend 2010 with 4 other friends. We went to JF Sanfilippo's Restaurant on Saturday night. What an awesome experience! From drinks to dessert and everything in between, this restaurant delivered, delivered, delivered! I dined on the Rigatoni Giuseppe; this had to have been the best Italian food I've ever had. Who knew that great Italian food existed in St. Louis?!? It was so good some of my friends went BACK on Sunday to dine there. I wasn't able to becuase of an earlier flight.

This restaurant is a hidden gem because it's a little difficult to get inside. If you're not staying at the Drury Hotel (where JF Sanfilippo's Restuarant is located), and you're driving to the restauarant, you have to get out of your car to let the host/hostess know you're waiting to dine there and park your car in the garage. The host will open the garage and you will park your car on an upper level. Once inside, a wonderful dining experience awaits you! Don't let the parking discourage you; the food and the service is MORE than worth it. Happy Dining!

6 Thank Lola343

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Very Good Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I ate here with a co-worker in July 2010. We ate there because it was convenient and were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Very good and extensive menu. I had a veal dish that was very good and the other person had fish that looked wonderful.

Joe, the owner, is such a treat. He makes you feel like family. We spent much of the evening talking with him and throughly enjoyed it. We went back the next night for drinks and again very much enjoyed the atmosphere and interacting with Joe.

I will definitely eat here again on my next trip to St. Louis.

4 Thank Blueboro
Portland, Oregon
“What's your Italian taste?”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Well.... In my opinion, Italian dining is a very subjective experience. As well, it's my opinion that most Italian restaurants are either bad, "over the top great" or just another Italian restaurant. I'll also add that when I go to an Italian restaurant I rarely choose red sauce and pasta dishes. I can do a really good job of that at home.

That being said, Sanfilippo's wasn't bad, but it wasn't over the top great either. The portion sizes were nice but the flavor was... just a little bland.

The dining room was very nice, the pricing was reasonable and the service was excellent. They just need to season that chicken and beef a little more.

1 Thank DonRoute66
atlanta, ga
“great meal”
Reviewed September 3, 2008

we thought this place was great. Good selection of wine by the glass. Excellent home made bread.I had ravioli and loved it. Would go back for sure!!!

1 Thank barbiflys
Olney, IL
“Worst food and service ever.”
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I went to this restaurant with 5 of my girlfriends last night. It was in our hotel and seemed like a good idea at the time. But it was the biggest mistake we could have made. I ordered spaghetti that tasted like it came out of a can. One my girlfriends ordered salmon and it was completely raw and cold. She tried to send it back and was treated disrespectfully by the waiter and the owner. We have never been treated so badly.