“Great Italian food”

Neighborhood: Downtown
st.louis MO
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a few times and always are very impressed with the food and service. We believe the food is a notch above the many Italian restaurants on the Hill with great service to match.
The restaurant is attached to the Drury Inn next to the Edward Jones Domein Downtown St.Louis. They offer free covered parking which is nice on a winters evening.
Try the Pollo Supreme which has a creamy white wine sauce with mushrooms. You will love the sauce I cleaned my plate using the complimentary hot rolls in order to eat every last bit!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank stlmark

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, moderate prices!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

A foodie's paradise, They have an extensive Italian menu and everything the four of us fad for dinner was absolutely superbly prepared! The veal dishes were top notch.,

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Craiglv2
Cary, Illinois
“Slow service. Out of food.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We were there on a Saturday night at 8:30 p.m. I ordered lasagna and was told I am too late. I don't know if they are known for lasagna, but to be out then? Restaurant was not crowded. Five tables were occupied one waiter for all. He worked hard and hustled, but why did the lady who sat us not help at all? She stood by bar? Wait was incredibly long for just dinner salads. Forgot my sons Pepsi. Long wait for the rest of our food, which wasn't worth the wait. Nothing exciting and we all had different meals. Even the rolls lacked flavor. Wish we went to were the hotel recommended first, but chose this as closer walk.

USA
“No complaints-good service -Italian restaurant downtown”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We met friends here who were staying at the hotel. A large party of adults and children, the wait staff was good about bringing out more bread for the kids, when they requested it. The menu was fairly typical-the kids were satisfied with their standard pasta dishes and steaks. As for us adults, they were nice about the "moms" sharing entrees and eating appetizers as meals (we were not that hungry), which we appreciated because a lot of restaurants charge a sharing fee or treat you poorly if you request this. The service was good, and I agree with some of the other reviewers that it is a dark dining room (if you want a bright and cheery atmosphere, you might not like the ambiance), The clientele seemed to be travelers staying in the nearby hotels, like our group. If you are staying downtown, it is a convenient Italian option. It was not crowded or busy when we went. We did not have a reservation and did not have to wait, but we were past the usual dinner rush. Not necessarily putting on my list of places I "must dine" in St. Louis, but it was fine-no complaints.

• Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It was absolutely horrible. I tried it out because I had a Groupon voucher. I hate that I bypassed Olive Garden to go to this place. The food tasted like it was prepackaged and served in a grocery store. The atmosphere felt like a cheap blues club rather than Italian. Everything was stale from the bread to the entree. When it was time to cash out, the lady didn't even want to honor the Groupon voucher. The added extra items to our bill and overall, a nasty meal that should have cost $20 without a coupon costed $40 with a Groupon voucher and $85 without one!! Totally disgusting place. I see why they are on the brink of going out of business! Go to Olive Garden before going to this place. Total waste of money!!!

• Visited October 2012