“Convenient to stay there when scheduled for surgery”
Review of The Parkway Hotel

The Parkway Hotel
Ranked #32 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Lebanon, Missouri
“Convenient to stay there when scheduled for surgery”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Parkway is a nice hotel that is currently going through some renovations. The renovations did not have any negative impact on my visit - I just wanted to let people know that it was occuring. The available parking is a plus also. The room was clean and the staff was quite helpful.

Room Tip: If you are a technology driven person free wi fi is available but there is not an abundance of elect...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Waynesville
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We, I should say that my wife stayed here while I had a major surgery. I stayed here one night prior to surgery and it was a very nice hotel and right up the street from the hospital with a connecting skywalk to the other medical buildings. The staff was more than accommodating to my wife when she had to extend the stay with no increase in rate. My wife commented that the free breakfast was always great and filling and she got to meet some of the other families that had folks in the hospital with surgeries. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very difficult to find a spot to unload when we first got there, but once unloading the first time the parking wasn't so bad. The rooms were clean and pretty good sized. The bathroom was also on the big side king sized bed was okay. The room did have a fridge and microwave. The free breakfast was actually breakfast, not just cereal and fruit. They have a shuttle that will take you to the nearby attractions if you wish like the zoo or the science Center. Although the driver was taking personal calls and was all over the road. But all in all a good stay. P.s. they are remodeling.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elowef150
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I made reservations at this hotel for my parents, as my father needed to be at the hospital very early the next morning. There are a bank of three elevators. My father was going to their room, via the elevator, only to have the elevator close quickly - resulting in cutting/tearing open his arm. The staff put on a couple of band-aids and completed a form (which they refused to give to my parents - against their policy). Luckily the nurses at the hospital redressed - as it was still bleeding 12 hours later and all over the hotel sheets.. The rooms are very average. I did hear another guest that arrived to a bed that had not had the sheets changed prior to their arrival and towels that were in terrible condition. Luckily our sheets and towels were not an issue. The 'hot/free' breakfast area will be closed before the 9:30 specified time - even if you are attempting to get food. The carpeting in the 2 breakfast rooms was nasty. The tables in the breakfast area were left a mess and there was an attendant on duty. He was rude and bumped into us several times. I stopped to talk with the front desk worker after a very long day at the hospital, only to encounter a very rude employee. I was trying to discuss the incident from the night before and about having their elevators serviced - they should not close on any part of a person. I tested the elevator with my son the next day to find that if they are closing, they have to actually hit something to reopen. When I spoke with the day manager about the elevator, breakfast area/staff, and evening manager, he was apologetic and said he would have someone check the elevators. On the bright side, when I called to make my reservation, the young man I spoke with was extremely polite and helpful. I just wish some of the other employees could learn from him. Since this hotel is so close to the hospital, I can only hope they work on improving the handling guest injuries, hotel staff attitude toward guests, elevator safety, and cleaning the common areas, especially where food is served.

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
1 Thank d v
parkway2, Director of Sales at The Parkway Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello and thank you for your information. I have pulled our security report from July 17th. We have in our report that this guest walked to the front desk and said to our manager on duty that he "delayed and waited to get into the elevator and it somehow cut his skin" our Manager on duty asked this guest if he wanted her to call 911, he refused and said Quote "it's only a skin injury , no need, I'm fine". Our security officer was with the guest and our manager on duty as well, She also asked if he wanted her to call 911, again he said "no" a second time. Our manager on duty then cleaned and put on two bandaids on his arm and then asked for a third time if he wanted her to call 911, again he said " it's only a skin injury, no need, i delayed walking into the elevator" the Hotel manager DID call the elevator company and it was checked. The results was that our elevators are working in full performance of operation. Not sure how anyone could have possibly gotten cut from this elevator door, however, out of the ordinary things could happen. The form that was mentioned is our Hotel document that states the facts, dates and time. This is for our files.
In reguards to Breakfast- on the day of check out the daughter told our front desk manager that they did not get breakfast the day prior and that they had come down before 9:30am and it was already taken away. After our manager was told this, we reviewed our video (having video is a wonderful way to always ensure our staff and everyone is being completely honest) We see that this guest had come downstairs at 9:40am. If they had stopped at the desk and mentioned that they had missed the breakfast cut off, we would have gone into the kitchen and made them a plate of food as long as there was food remaining, this is not a problem, we do this as needed.
Not sure about the other guest that they "over heard" saying sheets and towels were not changed out. If you read all of our reviews, we receive wonderful remarks on our clean rooms along with our friendly and accommodating staff. Our staff members are all of the same employees that get great reviews if you read previous comments. They all enjoy their jobs, work as a team and enjoy our guests.
We are in the process of a lobby renovation, which we anticipate will be completed by Friday, August 1st. This is the only thing that is currently a bit of a mess, however our housekeeping department is continually picking up and washing the floors , dusting to keep everything as clean as possible while the lobby renovation is taking place.
Thank you very much for your time and enjoy your summer.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Parkway was very convenient for me because I needed to be close to barnes hospital. If you get the right person they will give you the hospital rate. If not well then it's to expensive for what you get. Breakfast was not good in my opinion. Kind of gross actually. Not really good for kids. Lots of finding options close. My moms car got broke into in the parking lot. Good locations by probably wouldn't stay again unless we had to be at the hospital. Staff THIS time was amazing! In June they were very grump and not nice.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jbgraves101
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We hosted our wedding party at the Parkway Hotel and were extremely satisfied with the outcome. Richelle Tirone, the events manager, made the entire process simple for us and went out of her way to ensure all of the logistics were taken care of ahead of time during the St. Louis Fair July 4th weekend (the busiest weekend ever for the Central West End). The meeting room was ideal for our guests to gather before and after our celebration. The rooms were clean, ready on time, and up to satisfaction. And more importantly no matter how small or large any of our requests were the answer was, “yes, right away.” I would highly recommend the Parkway Hotel for hosting a large room block and event not just for their ideal location and value, but how easy it was to execute an intense weekend of hosting friends, family, and guests.

1 Thank Doug D
West Fork, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We came across this place when I was looking for a place to stay for a Cardinals game. Everything this past weekend was booked or very expensive in a close proximity to downtown St Louis or close to the Metrolink. This was a very good hotel in my opinion. They are currently renovating the hotel, which seems to be up I'm age. It has a breakfast buffet til 9:30am. This consists of eggs, biscuit and gravy, sausage, hash browns, fruit, and cereal. Our room was very clean and have no complaints about our stay. Parking is $5 a day I their parking garage. If you are going to the area to go to the Barnes-Jewish Hospital, this is the place to stay. It is right across the street from the Hospital. Also a block from a Metrolink station, which is a train system to get around. 20 minutes by train to Busch Stadium and downtown. Also not far from Forest Park and the Zoo.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple