“Really nice stay at the hotel”
Review of The Parkway Hotel

The Parkway Hotel
Ranked #28 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a Reunion at the Medical Center and booked 19 rooms for this event. The staff (Stephanie in particular) went out of their way to get us the best rate and best rooms. The rooms were clean, comfortable and the hotel location was excellent for our event at the EPNEC center in the medical school campus. Free breakfast was an extra benefit that we enjoyed. The hotel is also one block away from some fine restaurants on Euclid in central west end area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Parkway Hotel

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is in a great location to Washington University. They allow pets. The rooms are nice & large. Free parking. Wireless internet only in the lobby. The free hot breakfast is awful. Skip it. Overcooked eggs. Warm coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at The Parkway because I had business at the medical complex for a week (the Parkway is right in the midst of the medical complex). There is convenient parking for $5/day. When I arrived in my room there was complimentary chips, water, and trail mix which was replenished every day. Fresh baked cookies were in the lobby each day from 5:30-7:30.

The free breakfast was adequate (usually sausage patties or links and eggs. They also had biscuits and gravy, and dry cereal). My only complaint is that I think it should start earlier than 6:30 am, as people are waiting when it opens, and there ends up being no place to sit.

The room was clean and comfy. My room had a microwave oven, refrigerator, and coffee maker. There was also free wireless internet access.

The lobby opens to an Applebee's so you can get a convenient meal, but I would suggest taking a walk down Locust street where you will find plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, the best view of the city and the arch is from the windows at the end of the hallways...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My stay at the Parkway Hotel in St. Louis exceeded all my expectations as a first time visitor to the city of St. Louis. The staff was AMAZINGLY curteous and kind and the hotel was more well kept than some of the larger chain hotels. It's nestled in the heart of one of the medical districts and it sits one short block away from a bustling avenue of restaurants and a local businesses and is down the street from an incredibly beautiful and serene park.

I recommed this hotel and plan to stay here when I return for my Honeymoon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days during the International Robotics Championships. Check in and check out was great. They gave the attendees a great rate. There was some misunderstanding regarding the shuttle as I was advised by third party that they went downtown and they don't go downtown. The metro was close by. Some front desk seems to need a little more training. Not as responsive as other hotels. Also a bit confusing putting password in their Wifi password though the reception was excellent. Cleanest hotel ever - drapes, carpets. No noticeable dust. Ventilation was beyond excellent.The Corner room was quite large with lots of space as well. Loved the high ceilings and many windows with sheers and block out drapes. Took shuttle to metro as my suitcase was a bit heavy and one of the wheels had lost the rubber and found the driver was a bit irritated that I requested the shuttle to take me there. Hot breakfast was good though I found Holiday Inn Express hotels provide a better selection. I did not see any concierge service which may help the front desk when busy.Tried to tell one of the cleaning supervisors ?? about a couple of minor repair issues but she seemed to have difficulty understanding me anyway advised front desk on checking out. Nonetheless I would stay here again even if only for the cleanliness, fresh air and Wifi and proximity to Metro.

Room Tip: If taking kids, there is no swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Healthy_Traveller
parkway2, Director of Sales at The Parkway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2015

Hello and thank you for your review and staying with us during the Robotics convention.
We appologize about the misunderstanding regarding our shuttle. The Parkway Hotel has one shuttle and going downtown gets rather hectic and we prefer to not get behind for the runs that are on our schedule. The good news is, the Metro Link station is out our back door and can quickly get you to your destinaion at a very affordable price.
I appreciate your comments about our clean rooms. We do take alot of time and effort cleaning our rooms and we receive many compliments daily on our in house comment cards.
We hope to see you for Robotics 2015. Our lobby has been remodeled and looks GREAT!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

First time in St. Louis, so left it to my stepson to find an hotel and he chose well. There were 3 of us, so we needed two rooms, both of which were comfortable and nicely furnished, with a fridge and microwave oven in each, though an omission was an in-room safe. We all slept well although our rooms overlooked a main road. A cooked breakfast was served in the foyer, where we could also get complimentary coffee, tea, popcorn and cookies (biscuits to us Brits!). The hotel is situated right in the midst of a large medical complex and quite a few of the guests were obviously there to use the adjacent hospital facilities, but this was not in any way an inconvenience. There is a complimentary shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, but we didn't use it as it didn't reach the places we wanted to go such as the Gateway Arch. The staff were generally helpful, though on one occasion when we asked at the desk for the best way to get to the Budweiser brewery by public transport the only reply we received was an offer to call us a taxi - which, as it turned out, would probably have cost us an arm and a leg. On the whole, we found it easy to get around the city as there is a MetroLink station within a stone's throw of the hotel. Also, Forest Park is just at the end of the road. The Hotel shares a covered car park with the adjacent hospital and the charge of $5 per night is very reasonable, though there was some difficulty in using the room key to raise the entrance barrier (the driver in front of me was having the same trouble). With regard to a previous reviewer's comment about the difficulty in getting served in the shop, we found that when nobody was serving there we were able to pay for purchases at the reception desk. So far as restaurants are concerned, my guide-book suggested giving the adjoining Applebees a miss and using the ample choice of restaurants nearby. We did eat at Applebees and found it perfectly acceptable but also had meals a block or two away (perhaps I could insert a plug for Little Saigon, which serves excellent Vietnamese food). A very enjoyable stay and I would certainly choose the Parkway again in the unlikely event of ever returning to St. Louis.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cymro36
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Several of our family members and friends stayed at the Parkway to attend my daughter's wedding reception in St. Louis. It was our first visit to this hotel. When I made our reservations I had some questions about location and moving about St. Louis. The reservation clerk was very helpful and all that she told me turned out to be just as she stated. The hotel is one of the older, original hotels in the Central West End area, but guests get a lovely mix of charm and modern conveniences. Our room was elegant and accommodating. The complimentary hot breakfast was quite tasty and had a good variety of food. Applebee's restaurant is attached to the hotel through the lobby; we enjoyed a late night dessert there. We elected to walk to and from our destinations in the Central West End and felt very safe doing that day and night. The parking garage is safe and covered, tho access to and from it is probably the only awkward feature we experienced during our visit. I hope you will have as nice a visit as we did.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LeeAnn B
parkway2, Director of Sales at The Parkway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review of the Parkway Hotel and getting to experience the "Parkway Difference". We are in a great location, as you have discovered. There are dozens of great wedding venues in close proximity to the Parkway. Our Hotel is actually 10 years old with the comforts and charm that our guests always enjoy. If you were not aware, we do rent meeting space for rehearsal dinners as well.
As you mentioned, we do have a wonderful variety of breakfast items along with complimentary popcorn and fresh hot baked cookies in the evening.
For parking, the fee is very affordable, only $5 per day. The garage is safe and convenient, it is not owned or operated by the hotel.
Along with Applebees, located in our lobby level, there are 6 blocks of fantastic restaurants. Something for everyone’s specific taste.
Thank you again for taking the time to review the Parkway and remember to tell your family and friends that have upcoming weddings, that the Parkway Hotel is the "Wedding Destination Hotel."