“Great food, great wine list, no smoke....”

Gerard's Restaurant
Ranked #747 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I've been to Gerard's many times and they flat out know how to prepare gourmet dinners. Pasta, fresh flown-in seafood, oysters, steaks.... it's all good. The wine list is phenomenal. Gerard will be glad to help you choose your wine(s) if you need more info..... there are hundreds from which to choose......
My favorite dinner is his crab stuffed filet mignon but the sea bass and fresh catch are not far behind. And... there is not a smoking issue anymore. Eat, drink, enjoy!

1  Thank jbmgreen

Reviewed December 15, 2009

A nice quiet restaurant with good food and good service. We dined on 12/12/2009 and were surprised to find a rather uncrowded place on a Saturday evening. There were six of us and all but one had seafood which was cooked to perfection. One diner had a veal dish that was also very good. Their wines by the bottle is extensive, wines by the glass was two whites and three reds. To reach our seats, we had to walk thru the smoking section. It was occupied by two large groups and frankly the smoke was so heavy that it made the rest of evening unpleasant. We had checked coats and they smelled of smoke when we left. Good food, good service, wine by the glass was poor. The smoke was terrible. Probably will not return.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I have been to gerards many times and we also go there every new years. I get greeted by gerard every time and the service is outstanding. The have one of the biggest wine lists in St. Louis. The food has always been fabulous and isn't more expensive then other high end restaurants. My family and all their friends also love it. I can't imagine having an experience like the last poster and would love to talk to that person and find out what they didn't like about it. Maybe that person doesn't really know good food when they taste it. Or maybe someone that thinks the food at red lobster is just as good. Nothing but good experiences here.

Reviewed January 17, 2009

Gerard's Restaurant offers continental cuisine, but in my opinion specializes in seafood. The seafood selection is abundant and fresh and is always prepared to your liking. The entrees are accompanied by a fresh vegetable and either a potato or rice side dish. The menu offers other delicous selections such as chicken, steaks, veal and pasta. My husband and I dine at Gerard's often and have always had wonderful food and service. If you're looking for a fine dining experience and are craving seafood this is the place to go.

1  Thank TomChardy