“Friendly down home”

Connelly's Goody-goody Diner
Ranked #295 of 2,888 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Friendly down home”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

While my family was @ this resturant my daughter was nitified that her team won the national society of black engneers robotic competition. We had alredy gave an extra tip to our watress as it was her birthday. When she heard bout my daughter she gave a bonus to her. I wish I could thank her again.. food was very good service..........well I felt @ home

Bloomington, Illinois
“Without question the best breakfast of my entire life!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I cannot say enough about how amazing this place is! My husband and I were visiting St. Louis for our anniversary and after trying a few other more upscale places decided to give the diner a chance on our last day in town. This was without question the best breakfast of my entire life. The hash browns completely blew my mind. Order them with cheese and onions, you will not regret it. The bacon made me think I had never truly eaten real bacon before. The eggs were cooked to absolute perfection. On top of everything else the diner was very clean and the staff was so friendly it made me wish I could move to St. Louis and eat here every day. There are no words to properly describe what a great meal this was.

And yes, the neighborhood is a little rougher than your average suburb but I can’t imagine anyone feeling actually unsafe here. There were actually several men in business suits dining while we were there and they clearly had no problem coming to the area. Maybe don’t visit at midnight but as they close at 2 pm anyway that isn’t something you need to worry about. So yeah, go, go now and have one amazing meal!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank lindini77
Union, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a repeater”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have been going to Goody-goody diner for years with my volunteer Red Cross team. We go out to lunch every Tuesday and have been to lots of restaurants. WhenEVER someone suggests Goody-goody's there is an instant agreement. As you walk in the place you are overcome with the friendleness of the staff and patrons. I almost always get the Catfish Breakfast (with English muffin, eggs over easy and gritts), but my teammates order more widely and have always been delighted. The staff is GREAT.

• Visited June 2012
duval
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Friendly staff. great little diner, loved the salmon

• Visited June 2012
Shoreview
“It's better than good!”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The owner is the greeter, the seater and one of the servers.
Try the chicken and waffles.
Terrific old time atmosphere.