“Wow!!!”
Review of Piccione Pastry

Piccione Pastry
Ranked #3 of 57 Bakeries in Saint Louis
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of the Delmar Loop, Piccione Pastry is a late-night pastry shop which embraces the time honored traditions in Italian baking. Our pastry chefs create recipes from scratch, bake in small batches & use the highest quality ingredients for their creations. Enjoy signature cannolis, rum baba, tiramisu & many other delicious desserts!
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stopped in one afternoon for something a little sweet and were wowed by the pastries. I also had Black Current iced tea which was amazing and which I can't find anywhere else. Ignore the calories and visit your next time in St. Louis.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

First of all, let me tell you how difficult it is to get tasty gluten free treats. I was so happy! I got coconut macaroons and hazelnut torte. The staff were friendly and patient with us. Well worth the stop in!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We loved everything about this pastry shop. I could have eaten all 3 meals here. Cheese Danish for breakfast and a cannoli for dessert after dinner. Made me want to exercise more so I could eat more without feeling guilty. The only bad thing was they were closed on Monday (our last day).

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Loved the variety of things they offered. My husband had the pound cake, which was so totally buttery - maybe the best I've ever tasted! I had a chocolate cream puff which was out of this world. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to go back to get some affogato. Liked that it was open late.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to try some Italian pastries when I found out about this place. The location is great and people were friendly. The pastries were ok but not excellent. If you have tried Mike's pastry in Boston or the real deal in Italy you will be disappointed. The Rum Baba is my husbands favorite and we bought both with and without cream. It was more on the dry side and almost no rum taste. The Napoleon was not flaky and crispy as it shod be but it was tasty. We tried traditional cannoli, pistachio cannoli, cookies and the ricotta pie. The ricotta pie was our least favorite nothing like an Italian pie more like a cheesecake. The sfogliatelle is my favorite and I did enjoy the one I tried at piccione although the filling was not as creamy. The place is cute with family pictures on the wall. The chairs are metal and it becomes very noisy when it gets busy with people pushing and pulling chairs on the concrete floor.