“Great buffet; Sub-par service”
Review of Joy Luck Buffet

Joy Luck Buffet
Ranked #639 of 2,901 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Chinese
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great buffet; Sub-par service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This restaurant offered a delicious buffet with a wide variety of Chinese food and some other novelties. Nice sushi bar included. However, our service was poor. Our drinks were never refilled until I got up to find a server (25 minutes later). Then while we stepped away from the table to get dessert from the buffet, our table was partially cleared before a ticket was ever brought to us. We returned to find our place settings stuffed in our cups, and our food plates stacked, and a cleaning cloth left on the table. I once again had to locate a server to get new drinks, place settings, and start over. If they could straighten out the service, I would highly recommend it.

Visited April 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Huge Buffet at a small price”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was my first time at Joy Luck Buffet and I was impressed. Got there early around 11:30 and the place filled up quickly. The place is large with plenty of food stations, even sushi. Food on the buffet was replenished quickly and there was a good variety to choose from. I'll be back!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank John C
St. Louis
“Could have easily been excellent”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Christmas Day 2013. Friendly, polite and attentive service. Clean and tidy dining area. Large buffets lines (5, I think), including sushi. The food was very good and the selection is large. We would have liked some classic Chinese vegetables. Menu service as well and several tables were ordering the self-preparation wok at their table. A server dropped some food on the floor and returned it to a plate. I think we thought it O.K. because it was to be cooked at the table....but still?

• Visited December 2013
Dixon Missouri
“Typical Fare”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was hoping for fantastic Chinese buffet experience since we were in St. Louis area, but was disappointed as it was like any other Chinese buffet in the middle of nowhere, any state. It wasn't bad, as I have had bad, but it wasn't anything that I would go back to the next time in St. Louis.

• Visited November 2013
Monroe, Louisiana
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

It's your typical chinese buffet. I used to go here a lot until one day when I started feeling sick while eating there. It's hard to say or explain, but it just felt like the chicken I was eating off the buffet was not chicken or piece of it I wouldn't want to eat. I mean - I cook a LOT of chicken at home and I know what all parts of the chicken should taste and 'feel' like when you're eating them - and this just seemed WAY off.

They have some good items on the bar, their egg drop soup is really good and they have like a honey chicken that I was referring to above that was good until that day...wish I knew what was going on there. They had a red pepper chicken with some serious heat that was good.Good fried wings too.

The service was very hit and miss....some days were better and some days worse. Sometimes getting a refill of tea was really a struggle.

Stopped going after the chicken incident - haven't been back.

• Visited December 2012