“Super, super service. Weird, weird dishes” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lombardo's Restaurant

Lombardo's Restaurant
Ranked #344 of 2,875 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Super, super service. Weird, weird dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The service and ambience here would be worth 6 stars if one could give them. My group being near the airport we came two nights running - service was attentive, helpful, cheerful nothing too much trouble (kitchen excepted, see below)....individual checks for the group of eight? No problem!
But the food? Hmm..Deep fried artichoke hearts - the vinegar from the tin all to evident. Mushy. Not at that price, please. The Saltimbocca was like no Saltimbocca anyone at the table had ever seen. All wrapped up like a parcel and pretty tasteless. Liver : yes , well prepared, yes, onions and bacon (extra),.. but where's the mashed potato??..(standard accompaniment for the dish). Not offered on the menu, and not even available from the kitchen. Yes, we can offer you a baked potato. But MASH it ?? Sorry, can't do that. Plus other weird combinations on the menu. And after 3 bottles we had completely cleared them out of the 2 varieties of Malbec on the wine list. Ah well - at least no-one (staff or guests) got upset.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Stamford, Connecticut
“A disaster”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

The only reason to go to this poor excuse for an Italian restaurant is it is near the airport. I will say that it did have lovely ambience and the wait staff were very nice, but if food is at all important to you, run in another direction.
We were there with a group that was attending a convention at the Renaissance Airport Hotel. Someone mentioned that Lombardo's was nearby and supposedly pretty good.

Where do I begin? The "bread" was basically thickly cut Wonder Bread. The first course salads were served on tiny plates , drenched in a sweetened dressing. Who puts sugar on shredded mozzarella cheese? Ugh! My husband and I both had "fresh fish" for a main course. My salmon, although fresh, was overcooked and tasteless drowning in a bland white sauce. Bow tie pasta on the side came with a tomato sauce that looked and tasted like watered down ketchup. My husband ordered fresh grilled "Dover sole". Now, I didn't expect real Dover sole from the UK as we were in the midwest, but perhaps some lemon or gray sole fillets brought in . Since we eat a lot of fish, we could tell very easily that the fish had been frozen. It also was dried out and fried, not grilled. A greasy, inedible disaster that came with an over $30 price tag. Is this what passes for fine cuisine in St. Louis?
These folks , I believe genuinely mean well, but I think they probably have an unending supply of diners who are just passing through St. Louis and want the convenience of a meal near the airport. Otherwise, they would never stay in business. Sorry, but this is the truth.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank JoyJackie
“Great linguini lombardo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here before - it's my favorite place if I'm staying in St. Louis by the airport. Wow, the linguini lombardo is awesome. I had the calamari starter this time and was not impressed. It was a little cold and the sauce was a little bland and watery. But, you should come here. The atmosphere is really nice too.

Visited February 2014
San Antonio TX
“Excellent food, service and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Excellent service, fresh bread and all entries were well prepared. Menu has great variety and everyone at our table was satisfied. Excellent food at reasonable prices…which is an unusual combination at many establishments. Right next to Drury Inn at the airport.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Grandgator
LombardosSTL, General Manager at Lombardo's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you and your party enjoyed themselves here at Lombardo's. We welcome you back next time you are in St. Louis.
Thanks,
Patrick
Waterloo, il
“fantastic hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I should have written this a year ago. Great food and service. When waiter overheard we were running late to a concert at the Peabody, the manager had worker take us over in his personal car to ensure we made it on time! U can not be that for personal customer service. Have been telling this to friends along with how good the food is.

• Visited December 2012