“Disappointing!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Hill
Reviewed July 4, 2012

While in St. Louis, we wanted to experience "The Hill" for some good Italian food. This, unfortunately was not it. Service felt slow, food was inferior and overpriced. We hope to revisit St. Louis sometime and try another Italian restaurant. I'm sure there are some excellent ones, however, this is not one of them.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Rigazzi's helped shape my expectations about what a neighborhood restaurant on the Hill should look and taste like. Nothing fancy or expensive - just the basics done consistently well. I visited it many times when I lived closer to the area and was looking forward to visiting the place again (many years later) when I was in town this past April. Everything looked the same – fishbowls, tablecloths, old wall plaques, reasonable prices, and classic dishes on the menu. But then I found that not everything was the same. The toasted ravioli tasted like it had been reheated in the microwave and lacked the crispness it should have had and the St. Louis-style pizza had been overcooked. The characteristic thin crust was as hard as a brick and the topping and provoli cheese lacked texture or taste. This was not the Rigazzi's I once knew. Maybe it was an off-day for who was in the kitchen but three stars is a generous rating for what I encountered at a place that was once one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

While this restuaraunt has been around forever, the last time I went the food was not good at all. There are plently of other Italian places to go in St. Louis.

1  Thank abell46
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Of all the great places to eat on the hill, this is last. Been there 2-3 times and never ate anything memorable. Tailored for old people, not much flavor. Ranged from Ok to below average. Service was fine. Head further west

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The service was average but the food was cafeteria quality. Everything tastes canned or frozen, the white sauce literally has no taste. I would avoid another meal here at all costs.