“St. Louis Bread Co = Panera”

Saint Louis Bread Co
Ranked #268 of 3,334 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 16, 2019

As always, Panera is a great place to have breakfast. The staff is very friendly, food service is fast and food quality is what I expect when I visit Panera. The restaurant is clean and well kept.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 18, 2019

I was looking for a decent place to get a quick lunch, and someone said there was a Panera nearby, so I set off looking for it. But I looked high and low and couldn't find it. Eventually I asked a passerby and she said, you are looking at it. I was standing right in front of the Saint Louis Bread Co.
So, Panera started life in the St. Louis area as St. Louis Bread Co, before they expanded nationwide and became Panera. The inside of this place looks and operates exactly like a regular Panera. Decent food, a little higher price than other options like Chipotle. Probably not a place I'll visit every day. Once or twice a month it would be a good treat.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019

Didn't look online...I thought it would be something unique to St. Louis...it is a Panera - they even accept a Panera Rewards card. That being said - I still had a bagel, was just disappointed it wasn't something unique to St. Louis.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

I / we really expected so much more out of the original Panera Bread Company, terrible, don’t waste your time or money, I mean 40 bucks for terrible sandwiches with very little meat, dark spots all over the chicken and more hard tasteless bread then any thing else, my apologies for being so negative, however after a cold winters
day exploring STL and the Arch you’re kind of in need of some good filling food.
Very disappointed, seeing how we are in St Louis, home of the panera bread company. Doubt we’ll ever try any Panera again.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

When I saw the sign for St. Louis Bread Company, I didn't realize it was a Panera until I walked in. It dawned on me when I saw the menu and and the familiar set up one sees in Panera stores. Being from out of town, the familiar is often nice. I was staying at the Parkway hotel which is directly across the street from the St. Louis Bread Store. It is an excellent choice for breakfast, lunch, and lite dinners at a modest price. Nice choice of tasty sandwiches. I love their sweets as well. Eat in or take out. Staff was courteous and the food lived up to the normal Panera expectations.

Date of visit: January 2019