“Deserves every accolade!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Denise and Carl Roper run the best BBQ joint in the country, hands down. I was in St. Louis and wanted to find the best St. Louis style ribs. When I searched the net, Roper's was number 1. I soon found out for myself why. First off, Denise Roper is the best hostess of any restaurant... EVER!!! Carl is the grill master. I don't know how he does it, but the barbeque melts in your mouth. It is the only barbeque place I have ever gone to that I truly want to go back. Put it on your bucket list and get there!!!

1  Thank Harold P

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Second visit to Roper's Ribs and owners Carl and Denise are as nice as can be. Have had the ribs & snoots combo and the wings & snoots combo. Both were outstanding. Hard to find a snoot sandwich anywhere, much less one as good as the one served here. Surroundings and furnishings are on the plain side, but if you are in the mood for great BBQ, that is easily overlooked. Out of the way for me to get to, but it's worth the drive to satisfy my snoot fix. Gotta try the brisket on the next trip.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Mom & Pop place with limited menu. No space to eat the tables were filled with those waiting to take food to go, so don't plan on dining in. We got the super rib tip which was abt 2lb of tips would feed approx. 2 1/2 hungry ppl. It came with a small potato salad not enough to share. Tips were good and very saucy but nothing more. I just don't understand the wait. I know the ribs pre-cooked, but 30 mins to heat in sauce? Just kinda odd, IMO, but if you are in the area give it a try, just have a time to wait. If u have time to call ahead by all means save yourself some time.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I decided to drive over to Ropers Ribs from our hotel to get BBQ for dinner. I read the reviews that there are only a few tables to eat on and they were taken by customers waiting on takeouts. I counted 3 tables in the extra small room. There was a six feet tall counter where you place your order. I was greeted warmly. I ordered the trio ($20) bargain which consists of half slab of St.Louis ribs, half chicken, and riblets. I ask the clerk to wrap the half chicken separate in foil for traveling. My request was denied to wrap the half chicken in foil for traveling by the clerk and the owner came to the window and told me they could not do it but she would give me foil and i could wrap it myself.!!!I I explain to her that I didnt plan to eat the chicken tonight but had a cooler to put it in. The owner still refused so i took the foil and wrapped it myself at the hotel. Anyway, the ribs were tender with plenty of BBQ sauce on it. The ribs tasted as though the had been boiled first and oven cook. No taste of charcoal or hickory flavor. This explain why the grill out back was not being used and was cold. The sauce had little or no flavor at all. Very bland bbq sauce and no taste of any rub on the ribs. Overall, tender ribs without any season or flavor including the sauce. The riblets were the same as ribs.

2  Thank MemphisJohn
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take a road trip to St Louis from WI. The first place we stopped at was Roper's Ribs and man was it the best decision we made. We wanted the best bbq amd we found it! The meat were fall off the bone good and the scrimp was huge! Its a small place that you will prob miss if you aren't looking for it. Its hot inside but the owners are such nice people and they have pictures of famous ppl like steve harvey who love their food. Hands down the best bbq in the nation!!!!! Don't take my word for it try it yourself you won't be disappointed

1  Thank medrano78