“Average food for the long wait.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Indiana
“Average food for the long wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Mom & Pop place with limited menu. No space to eat the tables were filled with those waiting to take food to go, so don't plan on dining in. We got the super rib tip which was abt 2lb of tips would feed approx. 2 1/2 hungry ppl. It came with a small potato salad not enough to share. Tips were good and very saucy but nothing more. I just don't understand the wait. I know the ribs pre-cooked, but 30 mins to heat in sauce? Just kinda odd, IMO, but if you are in the area give it a try, just have a time to wait. If u have time to call ahead by all means save yourself some time.

• Visited July 2013

memphis
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I decided to drive over to Ropers Ribs from our hotel to get BBQ for dinner. I read the reviews that there are only a few tables to eat on and they were taken by customers waiting on takeouts. I counted 3 tables in the extra small room. There was a six feet tall counter where you place your order. I was greeted warmly. I ordered the trio ($20) bargain which consists of half slab of St.Louis ribs, half chicken, and riblets. I ask the clerk to wrap the half chicken separate in foil for traveling. My request was denied to wrap the half chicken in foil for traveling by the clerk and the owner came to the window and told me they could not do it but she would give me foil and i could wrap it myself.!!!I I explain to her that I didnt plan to eat the chicken tonight but had a cooler to put it in. The owner still refused so i took the foil and wrapped it myself at the hotel. Anyway, the ribs were tender with plenty of BBQ sauce on it. The ribs tasted as though the had been boiled first and oven cook. No taste of charcoal or hickory flavor. This explain why the grill out back was not being used and was cold. The sauce had little or no flavor at all. Very bland bbq sauce and no taste of any rub on the ribs. Overall, tender ribs without any season or flavor including the sauce. The riblets were the same as ribs.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank MemphisJohn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finger licking good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take a road trip to St Louis from WI. The first place we stopped at was Roper's Ribs and man was it the best decision we made. We wanted the best bbq amd we found it! The meat were fall off the bone good and the scrimp was huge! Its a small place that you will prob miss if you aren't looking for it. Its hot inside but the owners are such nice people and they have pictures of famous ppl like steve harvey who love their food. Hands down the best bbq in the nation!!!!! Don't take my word for it try it yourself you won't be disappointed

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank medrano78
“Must stop St. Louis BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Heard about, had to stop. 2nd best in the country. Everything was good. Brisket and ribs are perfect. Very smokey. When you see a line out the door and police cars in front, those are two great signs you found a winner. It hit the mark as the best in St. Louis.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bcul01
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Pulled Pork Sandwich Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Coming from Carolina for 10 years and KC 8 years (and eating a lot of bbq) I can honestly say this is the 2nd best bbq place I've ever eaten, 2nd only to OK Joes, and had I tried other dishes it may have even surpassed this. My girlfriend and I ate a beef brisket sandwich and a pulled pork sandwich. The brisket was quite good, delicious sauce, but the pulled pork was the best I've ever had, and the staff was incredibly charming & sweet to us. I'll recommend to anyone in St. Louis

• Visited March 2013