WINNER WONDERLAND

Roper's Ribs
Ranked #223 of 2,832 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Roper's Ribs soo Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is my second visit to Roper's Ribs with my girlfriends. I must say the barbecue is the best I have ever had. The guys there were the nicest. The young man spoke well about the beef brisket and ribs and he was right. And cute too. My girlfriends and I will be back for the brisket and next time must try the pulled pork and stl style ribs. Yum!
And people don't think skinny girls can eat.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ashly W

Saint Louis, Missouri
“st louis's Best take out Bar B Q”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ive been going to Ropers for years 1 of their long time customers...The food is excellent. However it is not to be confused with fast food. Call ahead & be prepared for a delite. St louis bar b que at its very finest. Recognized by Steve Harvey Hoody Awards as Americas finest Bar B Que....I concur.....George(cash the cameraman) Cash Jr

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cash1949
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My first time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first visit and I must say it was pretty good. Actually, the best I've had in a while. The service was good and I even had a nice conversation with Mr. Roper. It's safe to say I'll be back again.

- Superman

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Skorpio82
vermont
“GREAT Q”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I feel bad only giving this place 3 stars because the food is excellent, prices are low and the service was good. The people that work there are the owners I think and they were very nice and friendly. The thing is this place is a "hole in the wall" and I mean that in a good way. If I lived around there I would call ahead and order every week! When you walk in you realize right away that it is mostly a take-out joint. They have 3 tables and 7 chairs where people are waiting for their take-out order. I sat down and started reading a 3 day old newspaper left on one of the tables. The ribs were very very tender and had huge smoke ring...deep into the meat. Just great Q.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stehib
Bloomington, Illinois
“Lotta Luv BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Took a client to a Cardinals game. Did some BBQ research and found Roper's. The food was outstanding. We ordered the brisket, and babybacks. Well balanced smoke flavor and large portion sizes. The sauce was perfectly sweet and tangy. The baked beans were delicious. The dining area had 4 tables, so you may want a back-up plan on where to eat if tables are taken. I prefer the small family run business and will return next time I'm in St. Louis!!!

• Visited July 2012