“Medieval Castle Look, High-End Bosnian Restaurant”
Review of Grbic Restaurant

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gravois and Meremac
Reviewed December 7, 2018

Service: Everyone here speaks Bosnian and English fluently which is awesome for those of us who are not literate in Bosnian. The hostess was curt and polite getting the two of us to our table fast. Our waiter was also decent and attentive, and checked up on us frequent enough where we did not need to call him over.

Food: I got the beef goulash and apple strudel (pictured below) and my friend got the Grbic Meat Plate (which looked like a beautiful massacre assortment of sausages and cuts). I like my goulash although I wished they're were more meat for the price, and the strudel was fantastic, more tart than sweet.

Decor: A renovated-medieval looking mess hall, which was beautiful in its own right, with torches on the walls. Outside makes it look almost like a stereotypical Italian restaurant with the brick layout, the lighting situation, and the "Grbic" sign itself.

Will go again, great for dates due to location and atmosphere, decent food and great dessert. Also, you are able to rent a section for event space.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Our group visited early on a Friday. We all got different dishes and they were all good. The house wine was good and reasonably priced. This is a large, beautiful, white tablecloth restaurant with a PARKING LOT!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 3, 2018

My husband and I have wanted to try this restaurant for a long time. We happened to be in St. Louis and decided to stop by for a late lunch.
We were impressed with the full parking lot at that time of day and inside the restaurant was very attractive and welcoming.
We stood at the hostess stand for a long time, and we could see that the bartender saw us there as well as several wait staff but no one came to sit us or even tell us it would be a minute. We were tired of waiting and left and went elsewhere. We ended up at the 1818 Chop House in O'Fallon and had drinks at the bar and ended up staying for dinner. Our total bill without the tip was $200.00 - money well spent, great food and service and people appreciated your business.
we are disappointed in the Grbic, it was busy but there were many tables empty.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

Arrived at 5:15 for 5:30 reservation for 8. We were seated immediately but service was downhill from there. Dinner lasted from 5:15 to 7:30 not because we wanted it to but saw waitress very infrequently.
Food was good as usual but will never go again a night. Just getting our bills took 25 minutes.
Then to cap off the extended dinner none of the three vehicles we were in could get off the lot because we were blocked in. Someone should be monitoring parking lot.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I ordered Sarajevsko Pivo, Begova Čorba, Valdostana, and a shot of Quince Rakija to end the meal. Everything was excellent! I have visited Serbia and Montenegro so I am familiar with the cuisine of this part of the world. The food here was flavorful and authentic, priced right, with large portions.

My server was Ivan V. This dude was awesome! Very friendly, patient with all of my questions, and helpful with the menu.

The interior and ambiance makes you feel like you are in a rustic wine cellar. It is large with exposed brick, arches, and nice touches.

Overall, it was a great experience at this restaurant. I highly recommend it! Živeli!