“Tasty cuisine, but heavy”
Review of Grbic Restaurant

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gravois and Meremac
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Four of us went for dinner. The best was the beginning and the end.

At the start we split a full plate of cevapi, which were fabulous. Though they like brown & serve breakfast sausages, the taste was fantastic, nicely spiced, especially with a lovely sauce on the side. Plus it was beef sausage, not pork. I wasn't really impressed by the lepinja bread on the side, which I thought was soggy. The others must have like it, because the plate left empty.

I has the goulash soup, which was also nicely spiced and tasty. I think it would have been better served in a traditional cup instead of the broad, shallow bowl which cooled quickly.

Two of us had the valdostana. Overall it was good, but I thought it to be "heavy" and a bit greasy. In my experience, that is fairly typical of Bosnian cuisine. But the spaeltzles were well prepared, and the white wine mushroom sauce gave the dish necessary moisture, as well as good flavor.

My wife had the sarma, which was OK. The beef/rice mixture was more beef than rice, and that's a good thing, but she thought the dish was greasy and "heavy." The mashed potatoes were too garlicy. She said the meal would have benefited from a side order of vegetables.

The other woman had a veal wiener schnitzel, which she liked a lot. My wife tried a bite and thought it too was "heavy" because it was deep fried. (I will note, though, that the color was a lovely golden brown, not at all burnt.) Those not liking deep fried would be better served with their jager schnitzel, which is grilled and topped with the same delicious white wine mushroom sauce as in the valdostana. An in-between choice would be the parisian schnitzel, which is breaded and lightly pan fried.

Each couple split an order of palacinke for dessert. Thin crepes with hazelnut chocolate sauce, chopped walnuts and whipped cream. Absolutely delicious, and not "heavy."

The service was excellent, and overall it was an enjoyable evening.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

My father's 99th birthday celebration was perfect. We were given a round table for ten so we could talk with one another and the menu provided enough variety for us all to get what we wanted. I chose Grbic for the number of schnitzels and spaetzel for my German father. They did not disappoint. My Wiener schnitzel came out tender and flavorful...the spaetzel were perfect. All schnitzels offer a choice of chicken, veal, or filet mignon. Those who ordered Rouladen ate it all...and it was a hefty serving. The lamb special was flavorful and one I'll order on another trip. There is also tilapia and salmon from which to choose.
The restaurant is spotless, service was very good and there is outdoor dining available.
Highly recommend Grbic for a special gathering, date night or out with friends. And...free parking.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017

Grbic is a great place to try out some foods from an area of Europe that you may not be familiar with.They have dishes that are found in several countries in that area. I went with a small group and we were all well pleased. The waiter was very helpful in explaining the food on the menu. He was also prompt in serving our fod and other needs.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

We went with our friends there. The place is outstanding, the food is awesome, and the service is tremendous. All four of us enjoyed our meals and desserts. Our friends indicated that this is now their favorite restaurant. Highly recommend

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank 474julesb
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Very bad quality of the food. Awful service. Everything is very dirty. I will never ever come again.

Date of visit: April 2017
Erna G, Manager at Grbic Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

I'm sorry to see that someone feels this way! Can you be more specific on why the service was awful? Or even, what did you find 'dirty'? We would love the chance to improve if fell short in either area; but we do strive to be on top of the game on both those aspects! We would appreciate if you came down and spoke to the owners about your experience and honestly if it was this 'bad' you should have asked to speak to an owner when you visited, so we could correct the issue immediately (if there was one). Thanks.