“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grbic Restaurant

Grbic Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 2,881 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gravois and Meremac
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Went for the first time, was delicious! Had a great selection of foods, great atmosphere, & our waiter was really great. Definitely recommend dining here!

Trenton, Illinois, United States
“A traditional European restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went with his siblings and spouces for a relaxing evening with dinner and drinks, we wern't disappointd! This old dairy building in South St. Louis was transformed into a beautiful old world restaurant with a warm fire in the beautiful wood burning fireplace.

There were three couples, each ordering a different appitizer to share, the Cauliflower Schnitzel was wonderful along with the Polenta and Cevapi-a Balkan style sausage.

My husband had the Goulash soup, it was so good he could have ordered another bowl. I had the special, Braised Beef Short Ribs, it was so tender I could cut it with my fork. My husband had the Mixed Grbic Plate, it was big enough for two people to share. Needless to say, no one had a bad meal nor anything bad to say.

There desserts aren't the typical American overly sweet indulgence. It was rather bland but good after a rich meal.

They have traditional Yugoslavia beverages and Old World Turkis Coffee which is richer and thicker than traditional coffee's. If your looking for a break from the traditional American meal, try Grbic in Old Duch Town St. Louis, Mo, you wont be dissapointed!

Eldon, Missouri
“Please Hug the Chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I saw Grbic's on Bizarre Food with Andrew Zimmern when he did the St. Louis episode. It looked awesome on the show and damn near made me cry in real life. I drove from North Dakota with going to Grbic's one of my top priorities and I am very happy I did. This is one of the best restaurants I have been to in a long time and I can not wait to come back home to go again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“A very nice break from the mediocre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Grbic for the first time in early December after hearing about it for years and I am glad we did. For a while now, we have been saying that we are tired of the same old, tired, generic food that you can find anywhere and were wanting something a bit different. I believe we found the right place. It is strange. Grbic was new and a bit exotic for us since we never had Bosnian food before, yet at the same time, it felt comforting, warm and simple and almost as if this food we had been eating for all of our life, if that makes sense. I would equate it to visiitng a new friend and their home and falling in love with their food.

Anyways, we were welcomed very soon after walking in and the waiter invited us to sit in the main dining room with the open hearth. We started with appetizer and ordered the by ordering a half order of the Cevapi which included ground beef sausage links and a special Lepinja bread. For my meal I ordered the chicken schnitzel with buttered spaetzel. It was very good. The breading on the chicken was light yet flavorful and the spaetzel was delicious. My husband had the chuck roast steak with mashed potoatoes. He said it was the best roast he ever had, even beat out mine. For dessert we tried the Bosnian coffee and the baklava. Again, delicious.

The service we received was also outstanding. Our waiter was very polite, professional and considerate.

We plan on returning and even added it to our " impress our out of town guests with the food we have here in St. Louis " list.

Belleville, Illinois
“Good Bosnian food without breaking the bank”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Let me start by saying that everything from the food to the service was great.I went for dinner on a weekday and the there were about 20 patrons.The interior gives you a kind of "home" feeling, very relaxing. I ordered the meat sampler platter with vegetables and everything was cooked to perfection.The waiter kept my glass filled and was very attentive without being overbearing.At first glance of the inside I expected the food to be priced a little more expensive than it was.I was very pleased with the whole experience.

1 Thank tattoo131313