“Always excellent”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have eaten here a number of times and the food has always been excellent and fairly priced. Attentive, well-trained staff. An excellent experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I live right around the block. So it's a short walk to Atlas. I particularly enjoy their lunch. My usual is the burger and potato salad. The potato salad and burger are excellent. We've also been to the restaurant several times for dinner. One thing I would have like to see is for the dinner menu to differ more often. Maybe do a seasonal menu.

Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Atlas is a favorite of locals in St. Louis. Food and service both are good, free parking lot across the street. Mushroom soup was very nice and my wife loved the beet salad full of both yellow and red beats. Flounder was the special fish served in butter sauce with capers. Others enjoyed the trout which always is on the menu. Desert layered chocolate cake was very good. And the whole dinner for four with five glasses of wine was only $ 200.00. We too have been to Atlas for Sunday brunch which we loved as you order from a menu, not a huge buffet.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Atlas is located in a residential area on a tree lined street. Its entrance is unassuming. Unfortunately, so is the kitchen. The decor of the space is sparse and not pretty enough to be minimalist. My beet and goat cheese salad was served promptly but soaked in salad dressing. Beets were pickled and tasted like they came from a can though we were assured they were fresh. Bread was forgettable. I had ahi tuna that was good though covered with too much lemon butter sauce. Side vegetables were the ordinary choices but done well. My wife's pork chop was tasteless and covered in gravy.
When our waitress inquired about our food as we were almost finished, I replied that it was "really ordinary." She laughed but no one came to follow up.
Don't waste a meal or your money on this place.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed April 30, 2013

my wife and I had great meals at Atlas last Thursday night. Have wanted to go for some time and was not disappointed. Salads (beet salad and asparagus salad) and main courses (salmon and trout) were very good. Service was impeccable (thanks Molly). Ranks in our top three of restaurants we have been to over the years. Looking forward to dinner outside when the weather is right. Location is convenient - located in a mostly residential area