“Really Ordinary”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Really Ordinary”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Atlas is located in a residential area on a tree lined street. Its entrance is unassuming. Unfortunately, so is the kitchen. The decor of the space is sparse and not pretty enough to be minimalist. My beet and goat cheese salad was served promptly but soaked in salad dressing. Beets were pickled and tasted like they came from a can though we were assured they were fresh. Bread was forgettable. I had ahi tuna that was good though covered with too much lemon butter sauce. Side vegetables were the ordinary choices but done well. My wife's pork chop was tasteless and covered in gravy.
When our waitress inquired about our food as we were almost finished, I replied that it was "really ordinary." She laughed but no one came to follow up.
Don't waste a meal or your money on this place.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jim S

“dinner at Atlas”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

my wife and I had great meals at Atlas last Thursday night. Have wanted to go for some time and was not disappointed. Salads (beet salad and asparagus salad) and main courses (salmon and trout) were very good. Service was impeccable (thanks Molly). Ranks in our top three of restaurants we have been to over the years. Looking forward to dinner outside when the weather is right. Location is convenient - located in a mostly residential area

• Visited April 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food here is wonderful, as is the service. The restaurant is small and has been full every time I've gone, so I'd say reservations are a must. Last time I was there was a very cold night and we were seated by the door. They have attempted to keep the cold out by creating a vestibule with a second door, but if you're particularly temperature-sensitive, you may want to ask for a table well away from the entrance.

• Visited February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Possibly St Louis' best kept secret”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We've lived in the St Louis area for almost 19 years. This restaurant has been around for 8 years, and we just had our first dinner there tonight. Wow, it is now one of my favorites in the St Louis area. The restaurant is not flashy, with simple decor...but the food is A+ rated and the service is phenomenal and not too pricey. If I may recommend, try the Wild Mushroom Timbale as an appetizer, it is definitely delicious!! Great experience all around and will definitely be back to try out the rest of their menu.

• Visited February 2013
“Great as Always”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We love this small, neighborhood restaurant in the city. The service is always superb and the food comes out hot and quickly. I had their house cassoulet which was full of duck confit and tasty sausages. My wife had the duck breast which was perfect and presented nicely. Our friends had the Mahi Mahi special which they enjoyed. Our server suggested a nice cab and we all liked it. I also had one of their house Manhattans - great. Maybe we'll go back tonight.