“Fun service, great food!”
Review of Dierdorf & Harts Steakhouse - CLOSED

Dierdorf & Harts Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Page & I-270
Description: Newly renovated with an updated fine dining steakhouse menu as well as a more moderately priced American Bistro menu. we are open for lunch as well as dinner from 11 a.m. - close Monday through Saturday.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ate in the bar-area restaurant, not the fancy side. Had a group of 6 business colleagues, and the staff was really great. Attentive, friendly, and hard working. The food, especially the steak, was really good. I Reccomend highly!

There are newer reviews for Dierdorf & Harts Steakhouse

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the second time I have eaten here - both times the food was excellent, but both times we were discouraged from eating in the steak house - they insist on seating people in the Bistro. Then, it was clear people were not going upstairs to the Steakhouse? Plus, the host was close to rude about it - snotty tone of voice when he discovered we didn't have a reservation (it was a Thursday night), talked down to us, etc... We were a group of university professors, so it wasn't like we were riff raff. The same thing happened last summer when this same group met there and wanted to eat dinner there. Clearly, in the future, I would never ask to eat in the steakhouse. Interestingly enough, they gave us both the Bistro & Steakhouse menus, and we could order from either.

That said - the food is excellent - I had calamari and it was wonderful! Our wait staff person was OUTSTANDING!!

I was highly unimpressed by your host that night. He was condescending.

Thank N. J. M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It has been in St Louis for a long time. We went probably 20 years ago and were now impressed. We tried it again with a groupon. Sad to say it is the same, just average but expensive. I had an 8 oz filet and it was so so. The asparagus was what you see sometimes in the grocery store that you wouldn't buy because the tips were not in good shape. The best part of
the meal was the cosmo drink. It was outstanding as it should be for $12. They seem to cater to
business people. The service was slow. Without the groupon my meal would have been $84 including tip. I think that is a lot for just average.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hostess couldn't answer any questions, such as when we called to change reservation time from 7:30 to 6:30; which exit to take to restaurant; driving directions to the restaurant. She began to sit us at a table in the middle where people entering had to walk by, so I asked to be sit at the table right by this middle of the room table as the requested table was by the wall. She told me she couldn't, but eventually asked the manager and we got the table. Mind you, no tables around us had dinners by the time we left. She didn't know if there were any specials...she was very incompetent. Then our waiter forgot to order my side dish, scalloped potatoes, so it came out late and was terrible, runny like soup and tasteless. He ordered the wrong steak for my husbnad, so by the time my husband got his steak all other dinners were completely finished. The steaks were okay, but no way were they worth the price. I've had better steaks at Chilis. For $30-$47 a plate, you do not get a salad or bread. We were served a crack water glass. Bottom line, I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I went there last night with a few friends that we dine with every 2 weeks. We sat in the Bistro area, and noticed after a little while that we were pretty much alone there, hmm wonder why? The food was just so so, not much seasoning is the main problem. Steak cooked right just not much flavor. Some good, some bad.

Waitress was fine as was the hostess. However, at one point a man came over and first started to take my friends plate when she was clearly not even near being done, then took some empties and asked one of the boys if he was done - he very clearly said, "yes, I'd like it to go". He left and came back and took some more plates and was asked to box up someone elses plate. Soon we got her food all boxed up and wondered where the other food went. I told the waitress that we were still waiting for my friends food to come back boxed up and she went to check on it. Then, VERY LOUDLY, I heard that man tell our waitress that he was told my friend was done. He came over to the table and I just could not beleive how utterly rude he was about the whole thing. If he hadn't been such a butt and apologized, we probably would have just let it go that he threw the food away. Instead, we asked for a half sandwich be made "to go". He very rudely said, well that will take another 15-20 minutes as he walked away. Oh my Lord. Will not be Back!