“Absolutely Fantastic Food & Service”

Nobu's Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,192 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Nobu's Japanese Restaurant- your home for fresh authentic sushi. Nobu's specializes in fresh sashimi, and certain fish are flown in directly from Japan. If you are looking for the highest quality sushi, equivalent to what you will find served in Japan, please visit us and we will delight your taste buds.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Absolutely Fantastic Food & Service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My friend and I dined at Nobu’s in St. Louis this weekend and were blown away with the service. When we walked in the owner Mrs. Nobu greeted us. She was kind and endearing as she told us it would be just a minute as she prepared our table. I knew there was something about her and I made a comment to my friend about how much I liked her. As we waited for our table I took a look around, the look of the place is nothing to write home about, the décor could use a refresh and the music is a major mood killer but that’s the only criticism I have about this place. We waited only a few minutes for our table, our server was friendly, and the food came out quickly and tasted delicious. We asked our server if she could call us a taxi back to our hotel. A few minutes later the owner came up to us and said the taxi company told her it would be a long wait for a taxi. So she did what any normal person would do, she offered us a ride back to our hotel. After we picked our jaws off the ground we hopped in and had a lovely conversation with Mrs. Nobu as she happily drove us 10 minutes back to our hotel. Along the way she pointed out several other great dining options in the area that we should check out during our stay. Then she graciously thanked us for dining in her restaurant. I will ABSOLUTELY be back to Nobu’s the next time I am in St Louis!!

• Visited October 2012

Saint Charles, Missouri
“Sushi Rolls are okay”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The rolls were very small and not very well made. I had to order doible as many rolls as I usually get because they are so small and lacking in meat.

1 Thank travelchick39
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

There are better quality Japanese restaurants in St. Louis. Nobu's has lost its groove.

1 Thank PuestaDelS0l
“Really good!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

It's hard to find a good Japanese restaurant, especially one with good sashimi. For St. Louis, Nobu's is a good place to go. Food is delicious, service is great and staff is friendly. Some might consider it pricy but it's well worth the occasional expense. Not open for Sunday lunch.

• Visited October 2011
Decatur, Illinois
“Best sushi and sashimi in St. Louis”
Reviewed June 20, 2008

This is one of the best sushi bars nationwide, and I will tell you why I think so. Every time you eat sushi here, Mr. Nobu has all of the very best cuts of fish, and those of you who have read my reviews know that that is the most important thing to me in sushi. I find that Nobu’s almost always has belly hamachi, otoro, mirugai, ama-ebi, and uni. And by almost always, I mean, almost always has ALL of them. This is in addition to having a great selection of the basics such as maguro, sake, hotate, saba, ikura, ika, hokegai, unagi, and wonder maki. Often, he will have abalone clams in addition, which I have only ever found elsewhere in Hawaii. The fish is always fresh and pristine. I have eaten here for over 10 years.

When he gets to know you, Mr. Nobu will occasionally treat you to “extras,” like, last night, a wonderfully peculiar pickled herring. At the end of the meal, my wife and I had two pieces of tamago, that he had made that day. It was slightly warm, mildly sweet and juicy. I have never loved it so much as last night.

If you are adventurous, he can let you try natto, but I don’t precisely think it is on the menu. But remember, Andrew Zimmern himself finds natto challenging. I think it is a 4/10 on the “difficult food” scale.

Nobu’s artistry is superb, and always includes little pickles, pickled cabbages, seasoned seaweed, little squash and savory vegetables on the sashimi plate.

He has a small but nice assortment of premium cold sakes to complement.

The restaurant is actually a converted “IHOP,” whose A-frame design works perfectly as an Asian restaurant. The interior is simple and clean.

His staff is very friendly and gives great service. You often meet the nicest people at the sushi bar. Mr. Nobu is a dedicated chef, and a very nice man as well. His wife, who often works there with him is a lovely lady. This is the only sushi bar I go to in St. Louis, and I can’t imagine how anyone can do it better (yes, I’ve tried others there, so I “know”). Mr. Nobu has been the best for all of these years, and I expect he will continue to be.

2 Thank mcconthebus