“Really good!!”

Ranked #1,192 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Nobu's Japanese Restaurant- your home for fresh authentic sushi. Nobu's specializes in fresh sashimi, and certain fish are flown in directly from Japan. If you are looking for the highest quality sushi, equivalent to what you will find served in Japan, please visit us and we will delight your taste buds.
“Really good!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

It's hard to find a good Japanese restaurant, especially one with good sashimi. For St. Louis, Nobu's is a good place to go. Food is delicious, service is great and staff is friendly. Some might consider it pricy but it's well worth the occasional expense. Not open for Sunday lunch.

• Visited October 2011

Decatur, Illinois
“Best sushi and sashimi in St. Louis”
Reviewed June 20, 2008

This is one of the best sushi bars nationwide, and I will tell you why I think so. Every time you eat sushi here, Mr. Nobu has all of the very best cuts of fish, and those of you who have read my reviews know that that is the most important thing to me in sushi. I find that Nobu’s almost always has belly hamachi, otoro, mirugai, ama-ebi, and uni. And by almost always, I mean, almost always has ALL of them. This is in addition to having a great selection of the basics such as maguro, sake, hotate, saba, ikura, ika, hokegai, unagi, and wonder maki. Often, he will have abalone clams in addition, which I have only ever found elsewhere in Hawaii. The fish is always fresh and pristine. I have eaten here for over 10 years.

When he gets to know you, Mr. Nobu will occasionally treat you to “extras,” like, last night, a wonderfully peculiar pickled herring. At the end of the meal, my wife and I had two pieces of tamago, that he had made that day. It was slightly warm, mildly sweet and juicy. I have never loved it so much as last night.

If you are adventurous, he can let you try natto, but I don’t precisely think it is on the menu. But remember, Andrew Zimmern himself finds natto challenging. I think it is a 4/10 on the “difficult food” scale.

Nobu’s artistry is superb, and always includes little pickles, pickled cabbages, seasoned seaweed, little squash and savory vegetables on the sashimi plate.

He has a small but nice assortment of premium cold sakes to complement.

The restaurant is actually a converted “IHOP,” whose A-frame design works perfectly as an Asian restaurant. The interior is simple and clean.

His staff is very friendly and gives great service. You often meet the nicest people at the sushi bar. Mr. Nobu is a dedicated chef, and a very nice man as well. His wife, who often works there with him is a lovely lady. This is the only sushi bar I go to in St. Louis, and I can’t imagine how anyone can do it better (yes, I’ve tried others there, so I “know”). Mr. Nobu has been the best for all of these years, and I expect he will continue to be.

2 Thank mcconthebus
“Delicious salmon... great sushi”
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Delicious salmon... great sushi

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“OK Had to wait 1.5 for...”
Reviewed January 26, 2008

OK
Had to wait 1.5 for sushi very slow
the Toro was good

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best sushi in town but pricey.”
Reviewed December 14, 2007

Best sushi in town but pricey.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook