“Great beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Schlafly Tap Room

Schlafly Tap Room
Ranked #30 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Racine, Wisconsin
“Great beers”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped in to try the beers and was impressed. Not only was the beer good but so was the food. I had the catfish po boy and my with had the ham and egg sandwich. The bartender was great to talk too.

• Visited June 2013

Iowa
“Private party”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a private party and all was paid for, so unsure of prices but its a cool place with lots of drink (beer) options. I didn't try any of the food but it looked good. Not an elegant romantic place, more of a guys hangout, micro-brew (of course) feel.

Visited June 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“No longer tops in my book”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family, friends, colleagues, and I have been eating at the Schlafly's since nearly the first year it opened. We had many wonderful meals, happy hours, and gatherings over the years, and enjoyed watching Schlafly's grow from a small restaurant with a few craft brews to the mega-brewery and restaurants it is now. We moved to Florida two years ago and finally got back to Sclafly's this June, hoping for another great meal and fun time. I should have realized there was going to be a problem when the bar areas were empty and there was only about 1/3rd of the tables with customers on a weekday towards the end of happy hour.

It was a big disappointment. The dinner Fish and Chips is now the size of the previous lunch portion, it had 3/8 inch thick coating, and was fried to an extremely dark brown - taste was marginal at best. The Flat Iron Steak, ordered medium rare, had grill marks over a 1/8th inch thick that were WELL carbonized. Even after removing the grilled sides of the steak, the medium (pink) center tasted burnt. 'Luckily, the fries were as good as we remembered. The other dishes ordered tasted average, nothing to brag about.

The draught beer selection was a disappointment. It is late spring almost summer, why wasn't Raspberry Heffy available? And no doubles or triples? The draught selection was as good as the local grocery store, no better.

On top of all of this, we had a disinterested waiter who made sure we knew that customers were an inconvenience. He seemed to openly despise most of the tables he waited on. When we brought our concerns to his attention, he ignored us. He said maybe 30 words to us the entire time he was there. The only thing he did correctly was deliver the bill after being asked twice.

Schlafly’s has been tops in my book for many years. It is no longer worth my time or money, and isn’t worth yours.

I guess the ownership change a year or so ago did it in, just like so many other great restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Karl S
“Fresh Beer and Bar Snack Foods”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nothing beat fresh beer for tast. We enjoy the tasting options. Sometimes the food menu leaves me wanting something different or more, with sometimes above average prices. However, I mainly go for the beer.

Visited March 2013
Indiana
“Good atmosphere, small portion size for the price”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I came here with our toddler son for dinner while on vacation. We go to several brew pubs back home and usually get and appetizer and entree to split. We ordered the fish and fries. There was only one piece of fish and a lot of fries. The fish was very thickly breaded (cornbread?) It tasted good but seemed kind of pricey @ $14 for a brewery. I little bit more high end food then we expected. (We tend to be cheap) The beer was good and that was the whole point I guess. Probably wouldn't go back.

Visited June 2013