“nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tucker's Place

Tucker's Place
Ranked #293 of 2,875 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dined here with some friends, to be fair to the restaurant I'm not a steak person, ordered some chicken--it's nothing special, it's some dish anyone can cook at home and the salad is wilted greens, not crunchy as it should. I rate it average since we didn't have to wait long for our order & the staff''s decent just happy to serve.

Visited December 2011

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Children are not welcome.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I wanted a great steak and a friend said to go to Tucker's Place. I took my 6 1/2 month old baby girl with me and wanted a fun night out with a girlfriend since our husbands were at work. I asked for a highchair or sling for her car seat and they stated that they don't have any (which is fine I put her seat on our table). I ordered my food and it was under cooked and asked to have it cooked more and it seemed to be an issue. Still not that bad of a time. The issue was when I needed to change my baby they stated that they do not have changing areas in any of the restrooms. They put 2 chairs together in a hallway by the restrooms and said that was all they could do. People eating and others walking passed me could see me changing my baby girl. I was so upset that I did not have any privacy for my daughter. People did not pay to see me change my baby. When I calmed down and called the next day and talked to the manager that's when I hit the fan. He stated that they don't want kids there and they will not get seats for them nor will they get changing stations. He stated if they did that people would stop coming because they would have to raise the prices of their "cheap steaks" to pay for the cost and it would look like McDonald's and that's not what they want there. I asked are kids not really welcome there and he stated that this is a restaurant for adults to come and have drinks and cheap steak and there is nothing that he could do. Thank you for letting me know that KIDS ARE NOT WELCOME!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, MO
“GREAT steaks in historic Soulard, St. Louis, MO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

For our family, no visit to St. Louis is complete without paying a visit to our favorite steakhouse of all time, Tucker's Place in historic Soulard, near downtown St. Louis. The steaks are fabulous, as are all of their menu items which we've tried! We took our daughter and her three little boys there on June 16, 2012 after spending the day at the Cardinal's game. Everyone including the little boys enjoyed a delicious steak with their signature baked potatoes which are to die for, plus house salad. Even the little guys ate every bite of their dinner! There's no better choice for a good dinner after an afternoon spent watching the Cardinals win a ballgame!

Tolono, Illinois
“Said to be St. Louis #1 Steak House for 11 yrs in a row.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

The address is 2117 S. 12th St. We had a little but of a hard time finding it because 12th street was called, "Tucker" street before it turned into 12th street. We parked behind the building. It is a old neighborhood and it is a small looking place but it has an upstairs for additional dining. Lot of antiques in the place. We had the cheaper steak dinner which was the top sirloin. They suggest you do not order your steak well done because you will lose some of the flavor. Mine was medium well and it was pretty good, but my friends had medium rare and thought it was awesome. This dinner was only $12.99 (no drink included) but they do had a nice lunch special that includes a drink for $8.99 but they are sandwiches. Overall it was a nice experience.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Steak and Salad Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had the rib-eye which was very flavorful. The house salad was good too. Even had onions for my martini.