“Favorite Local Gem”

Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When I want a good Gyro...this is my spot! Great local vibe, wont see a bunch of tourists here. The staff is very friendly, overall its my favorite place to get a gyro in STL.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We ate out on the patio which is a little noisy because it's right against the road, but was still pleasant on a nice night. Our server was really friendly without overdoing it and the service was prompt. All the food was great. My daughter even raved about the milk; apparently it was really cold. We didn't have an appetizer, but the flaming cheese seemed popular and we enjoyed the entertainmment of the dramatic table-side preparation. The spinach pie was tasty without being overly rich or heavy. The gyro meat was lean and had a good spice. The sauce was nice with small slices of cucumber. I would ask for extra cucumber, but I like a lot of veggie stuff. The only disappointing part of the meal was the dessert. The baklava is swimming in a honey sauce strong with cinnamon. The wedding cookies were kinda heavy and pretty bland. A pleasant dinner, but next time we'll drive down the street for Ted Drewes for dessert.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Olympia is always good for service, food and value. I always start my meal with fried cheese then on to a meal.

1  Thank Vicky215
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The Olympia is tucked away in a neighborhood with parking across the street. It isn't fancy by any means , but it do have a charm to it. We found the Olympia on our trip here in 2010 and were looking for a Greek Cafe. We had the flaming cheese and eggplant dip (babagangous?) and both were very good although we could have use a bit more pita for the dip. My wife had the deluxe gyro which was more than she could handle so I treated myself to some. I had an eggplant parmigiana with thick cut slices of eggplant, fried just right. And our picky son had the filet, rare, and double fries...done to perfection. We enjoyed it friendly service and atmosphere so much, we went there again the last night of our stay in St Louis.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Gyros come without fries. They were ok. Ordered two sides of fries, and they were almost as much as the sandwhiches. The service was poor as well. This place proves having a great location can make a marginal restaurant busy.