“Go for a cocktail...dine somewhere else”

Landry's Seafood House
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's Seafood House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 2,880 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Located in the heart of Downtown St. Louis, Landry's Seafood is the Gateway to the West's destination for the freshest Gulf seafood. Located on Market Street in the historic Union Station, just a few blocks from Scottrade Center, Busch Stadium, the Peabody Opera House, Memorial Plaza and other iconic St. Louis landmarks, Landry's serves fresh fish, succulent steaks and decadent desserts in an unmatched atmosphere, including outdoor dining. Visit Landry's today and experience a Gulf Coast legend.
Illinois
“Go for a cocktail...dine somewhere else”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love, love, love the ambiance of this place. We sat outside on the deck at Landry's. Ordered the broiled seafood platter for dinner. Shrimp was overcooked and the fish was fishy (so, not fresh?). Substituted the orzo & asparagus for the pilaf. Orzo which I ordinarily love tasted like something from a box mix--over seasoned and artificial tasting. Asparagus was cooked okay, but was stringy and tough at the ends and had obviously not been trimmed to remove that. The waitress had brought out bread plates when we sat down, but no bread was delivered to the table until after the salads (which were fresh & good) and after our entrees had been delivered and we asked if bread indeed came with the meal. When it was delivered, it wasn't even warm and seemed as though it was supposed to have gone into the oven or under the broiler, but that that step had been skipped. For as few people as were here on a Saturday night, the waitress was long in returning to the table. And, the food expediter who actually delivered our food and asked if everything was okay--when we asked if bread was supposed to come with the meal that we hadn't gotten any--said--oh, the kitchen ran out of bread a while ago. Didn't want to do anything to fix it. We waited for the waitress to return a quarter of the way into our meal to see if she'd bring bread. While I don't mind spending good money for good food, for a restaurant that specializes in seafood, this was a disappointment. It was a disappointment when I was here a year ago, as well, but we thought we'd give it another try because every place has a "bad night". I'm feeling this is their standard--they rely too much on their ambiance, which is awesome, to get them by rather than producing a quality food product. I'd just come here for drinks and maybe an app, but forget eating dinner here. It's just not worth the $80 we spent on dinner.

• Visited May 2013

Concord, New Hampshire, United States
“Nice patio dining”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being able to eat outside on their patio was nice. Conveniently located near the Union Station Hotel and a MetroLink train stop. Plank Salmon dish was very good and the salad that came with was robust. The complimentary bread was average - simple garlic bread - nothing to write home about.

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati
“Worth the Investment”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Always glad to find a Landry's when traveling, as I know the quality and service. Hence the title of this review..."Worth the Investment" of your money and time (do not be in a hurry). Took my travel companion to Landry's, for his first time. We both enjoyed our experience and our menu selections did not fail to please.

He ordered the Shrimp Embrochette and the seafood stuffing was moist; the cheese & jalapeños were creamy/spicy and the plump shrimp was wrapped in bacon with mornay sauce (yum!), served with dirty rice & broccoli. If memory serves, there were 5 or 6 big shrimp on his plate. There were none left, by the end of the meal!

I ordered the Blackened Redfish with Crawfish Etoufee. I always forget they serve most of the fish selections with tail-on. However, the tail did not stop me from digging into the moist slab of fish, which chunked off in delicious pieces. The blackened seasoning was perfect - not too strong and not too mild. I was a bit disappointed with the Crawfish Etoufee (poured over the fish), as it was somewhat bland and there were only two pieces (discernible) of crawfish. My selection was served with a scoop of white rice, which was a bit tough and cold and two slender stalks of asparagus.

As per the restaurant standard, the meals were served with the house salad and dressing which was plentiful and delicious. We started the meal with an appetizer - Battered Onion Strings and Jalapenos. The appetizer might have been my favorite part of the meal, this visit. The batter was light and tasty - allowing the flavor of the onions, peppers and jalapenos to come through. We rounded out the meal with two soft drinks.

Our total bill for a lunch time visit was $65.31 (pre tip). Pricey for lunch, yes...but well worth it based on this experience (and history) - along with the opportunity to introduce a diner to Landry's Seafood. Would we go back? Yes. However, I would order something different next time.

• Visited March 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Nice seafood restaurant near downtown St. Louis”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ate at Landry's late afternoon on a Sunday and it was not crowded. The waitress was very friendly and accommodating. Opted for a hamburger rather than seafood and could have actually split it with two people as it is huge, but very tasty. I loved the fried onion curls. One thing I will say it that this place is very noisy, not the sort of place for quiet conversation.

Visited February 2013
“Time from order to table was very long”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a mid-week dinner, they were not too busy, yet the order process was lengthy, drinks took too long, never asked if we wanted water, either. The food was very good, but only for those without too much of an appetite. I might consider giving them another try, as last time it was better.