“Pretty good Italian food in the heard of St Louis”

Lombardo's Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Lombardo's Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,957 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Block South of Market
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the second time I've eaten at this trattoria in the heard of downtown St Louis. Across from the Union Station, off 20th Street, near Hard Rock Café, this unassuming restaurant in the basement of the Drury Inn is really quite good. I was there for a work dinner, we had about 10 of us. The service was outstanding. Our waitress was on top of everything: the wine, the bread, our silverware, the food. She was absolutely amazing.

The meal was very good. We shared the cheesy garlic bread and fried calamari appetizers. I only had the calamari, which was fresh and tasty, but my colleagues said the garlic bread was delicious. While you wait they bring house made focaccia, which was deliciously warn and oniony. I ordered the seafood salad. It had grilled shrimp, scallops and salmon on mixed greens with tomatoes, olives, mozzarella cheese, and large artichoke hearts. It was simply delicious. it was an entrée size portion and was very filling.

My colleagues all loved their dishes, including the chicken parmesan, grilled red snapper with a masala cream sauce, seafood linguine with marinara, and the linguine Lombardo. There were no complaints.

For dessert we split some chocolate chip cannoli's which were delicious and fresh.

I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Deep Fried Spinach...OH MY a must have. Richard our waiter was excellent. A good meal, well made drinks, toasted ravioli was also good. I have never heard of nor have I had fried spinach before but let me tell you it was excellent, great taste. We stayed at the Union Station for a photography seminar and Lombardo's is right around the corner. I would recommend Lombardo's as a place to go.

1  Thank Rullophotographycom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

He reserved a separate room for a large dinner party (almost 30 for a business dinner). Our servers were two wonderful ladies -- Chris and Ashley (sp?) and they did a nice job hustling all night to meed our needs.

The toasted ravioli was OK (I'm not a big fan to begin with) and the salad was better.

But the best part were the dinners --- HUGE portions and VERY tasty. The lobster risotto was AMAZING! I couldn't even finish it all.

Coffee and desserts were above average too. I enjoyed my cannoli, and the others had high praise for the cheesecake as well.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

With the recommendation of the concierge where we were staying, my husband and I headed to Lombardo's for dinner. It was rather empty when we got there, but quickly filled up as the night grew. Our server, Ellis, was very knowledgeable and provided excellent service. I had the rack of lamb, which was cooked at a perfect medium rare. I asked for mixed vegetables on the side and was given the option of having them steamed. My husband had the veal chop, which was also cooked perfectly at medium (per my husband's request). We ordered a bottle of wine with dinner, which was topped off regularly by any passing staff. Passing staff also topped off our water almost as soon as we took a drink, which was a very pleasant surprise. I highly recommend Lombardo's when you visit St. Louis. We may actually return once more before we head back to Boone, NC.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter, I believe his name was Rick, was very friendly. The good was tasty. It wasn't absolutely wonderful but good. The atmosphere was good as well. Enjoyed my visit.