“Comfortable outdoor dining”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Euclid
Transit: We are two blocks north of the BJC hospital Metrolink stop.
Description: The Wild Flower was created in 1995 by owner, Tracy Czarnec. Her vision was to bring together American gourmet dining with a casual atmosphere. The decision to open in the Central West End seemed natural. A trendy area with a cosmopolitan feel, the West End turned out to be the perfect place for the Wild Flower and diners looking for more than just another restaurant. It's been said many times, the Wild Flower is the Midwest's answer to a Greenwich Village hot spot; a charming atmosphere combined with a creative and delectable menu. There truly is something for everyone at the Wild Flower.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Wild Flower was a short walk from the hotel where I was staying. It was a pleasant May day, and the outdoor bistro-style seating looked inviting. I took a seat at a table, whose tops had quirky hand-paintings, apparently done by the staff.

I ordered a Moscow Mule. The cocktail was not bad, but is traditionally served in a copper mug and mine arrived in a highball glass. I think that places that try to present an upscale image should pay attention to these details.

I ordered The Best Filet, described as "Grilled to perfection, and topped with a Cabernet butter, accompanied by lyonnaise potatoes and fresh vegetables". The entree was priced at $28. The steak was properly coooked and tender. The potatoes were tasty. Overall, the meal was well-prepared and better than most.

I cannot comment on the atmosphere of the dining room as I ate out on the sidewalk, but overall the WIld Flower was a positive experience.
lyonnaise potatoes and fresh vegetables: 28

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My sister and I had a day off in St Louis on a sunny spring day and got a table on the patio at Wild Flower. We initially walked thru the indoor restaurant, which was dark and claustrophobic, so we chose the patio. Maybe at night with candles the indoor seating would be romantic tho.

The crabcakes were *meh* - dry and hard with a whiff of crabmeat, not much taste, but for $11 appetizer what do you expect? The French fries were plentiful and tasty and thin cut but cold. Whatever. We were there for the ambience mostly and to enjoy each other's company and chat.

Our server Vonnie was prompt and friendly. Its a quaint neighborhood in Central West End - quiet and peaceful. Food was so-so. Probably wont return.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to Wild Flower at the suggestion of friends, and wondered why this was one of the only restaurants I hadn't tried in the Central West End of St. Louis. I quickly figured it out. Our group was four women and one man, my significant other. To say that our waiter ignored him would be a complete understatement; I had to specifically point out that his drink order had not been taken and our waiter would not make eye contact with him. As far as service of food that was correct and timely, I have no complaints. I ordered the crab cake starter and their "house special" prime rib. I had high hopes after the appetizer as they had a nice amount of crab meat and were served over al dente black eyed peas. Prime rib? Not special...in fact, very tough and very hard to cut. The mashed potatoes were incredibly tasteless, but the sauce that the whole plate was COVERED in (most likely for the lacking tenderness) served to mask that at least a little. Top it off with a bill over $100 for 2 people and I will not be returning to Wild Flower.

2  Thank rvdh04
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had dinner at The Wild Flower with two other couples in March of 2013. We had visited in the past for lunch and were looking forward to trying it for dinner. I suspect we will not return. The service was spotty as the waiter disappeared at times and it took forever to serve drinks and then salads. My ribs were very good but my wife's fish was undercooked. We would have sent it back but the waiter was no where to be found. We were disappointed in the experience.

1  Thank ntd19
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Took a new hire to Wild Flower for lunch. It has reasonable food and prices. I had the fettuccine with mushrooms & my companion had the pulled pork. The food was fine, about what you would expect for a mid-priced restaurant. The service was prompt, which is much appreciated when you have a limited time for lunch. I have been several times in the past year, and it is never overly busy; just a nice, steady flow of customers. I have never had dinner at Wild Flower, but at lunch the majority of customers seem to be from the adjacent medical center. This is not a problem, unless you want to get away from work acquaintances. (Not a place to go for office trysts.)

Tracy C, Owner at Wild Flower Restaurant & Catering, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we greatly appreciated it. We listen to our guest and your input matters. Next time you're in for lunch, feel free to ask the server to provide you a dinner menu so you can look it over. We offer something for everyone...comfort food done the proper way. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon