“Less menu choice but excellent food”
Review of Eau Bistro

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central West End
Reviewed June 2, 2013

They do not have a lot to choose from fro the main course. But the preparation, presentation and taste of "Filet of Beef" I ordered was really really good.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've been to brunch at Eau several times, and this last Sunday, everything looked like it was unreplenished, had been sitting around too long, and was about to be put it away. And our reservation was at 11:00! The halibut was overcooked and dry and sitting on dried out rice, the baked eggs (there were 2 in the chafing dish) looked dry and shrivelled, there were only a few oysters on ice, etc. If you've not been before, it's a "big spread brunch" with carving station, made to order waffles and pancakes, made to order omlettes, a few hot entrees (halibut, baked eggs and bacon/sausage this past Sunday), a few salads, smoked salmon and whitefish with all the accompanyments, sushi (meh, no fish), chilled shrimp and oysters on the half shell, charcuterie and cheeses, fresh fruit, and an array of very beautiful, delicious desserts. Coffee, juice, mimosas and bloody marys are included. Service was friendly and professional. We had 4 in our party, and the tab with tip was $200 something. Considering the quality/condition of the food, I would not recommend it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ate here recently before seeing a movie at the Chase with some friends. The restaurant is nicely decorated inside and comfortable. Service for our meal was adequate, good wine list but the food was nothing special. I had the gnocchi which was reminiscent of Chef Boyardee with Tabasco sauce. My wife had the sole which turned out to be no more than a few bites in size when it arrived. Our dining companion’s experience was similar to ours.
We have eaten at Eau Bistro in the past with the first time being excellent but each time after our experience has been disappointing. Given the high prices one would expect better than average food but that’s not be found at Eau. There are other places in the Central West End that has better value for your money especially if you’re only looking for a casual dining experience.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went with 3 colleagues and an out-of-town speaker for breakfast this morning. I had Eggs Benedict, and they were fine. The problem was that the dishes for our party arrived over a 12-minute period. (The potatoes I ordered arrived several minutes after my eggs.) The restaurant was not overly busy and the server appeared at appropriate intervals, so I do not know what the difficulty was. The waitstaff apologized for the delay, but I frankly expected more in the restaurant of a 4-star hotel. Fortunately, our guest was quite engaging, and no one had time to become resentful over these shortcomings.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have had the pleasure of visitng Eau bistro 3 times since the new menu was introduced. I cant wait to return to try more of the offerings.

The service, the ambiance, the food offerings are all just wonderful. From the warm greeting by Roshanda ( who remembered my name), to the attentive service, and subtle management style (Mark)....this staff is a symphony in style and classic service.

Our waiter (Jay) was extremely attentive, knowledgable and PERFECT! I now ask for him by name when i return.

Each dinner has been wonderful. From the cauliflower bisque (personal favorite), to each of the wonderful pastas that i have ordered....everything is beautifully presented, and was absolutely delicious.

The dining room is subtle, eleganct, and casts a classic yet slightly contemporary feel over a room with a strong, rich history from generations past.

I spend almost 200 nights a year in hotels, and rarely find a hotel dining room that I make plans to visit again. Most are somewhat boring, and 'expected'. This is not the case at Eau Bistro.....

In this case, i cant wait to return.