“Things Change...”

Fitz's
Ranked #18 of 2,996 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Providing delicious old-fashioned sodas and a great, family-friendly dining experience in the historic Delmar Loop.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This place was quite the hang out when I used to live here.it still busy and it is a cool looking place.
The floats are great and huge. The sodas that they make they are and old world wonder. The food and service is just average. I wasn't crowded we waited forever for our food and it was just so so.The thing is I will be back the floats are worth it.

1  Thank Stephanie C

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great ice cream float and they were bottling soda while we were there. It is also in a great part of the city. Most likely unlike anything you've experienced before.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

What a cool place! I've done brewery tours but there's something nostalgic about being served draft root beer.

Also shared the fried pickles and hummus. All were delicious. Great service with a smile. No complaints.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Two days before our trip to Saint Louis, I found Fitz's on tripadvisor and knew we had to go there. The trip was to celebrate my daughter's fourth birthday, and I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when they brought out a giant float just for her. Only.... we never ordered one. After waiting in the cramped space up front for nearly an hour, we were seated at a small table upstairs RIGHT BESIDE A POOL TABLE occupied by a group of 5 or 6 kids who, I'm just guessing here, knew nothing about billiards. Needless to say, our time there was loud and annoying! I had the pulled pork nachos, after thinking it'd be good to try something new... It wasn't. My fiance's pepper jack burger was delicious, so I had a serious case of entree envy. But my daughter had no interest in her birthday meal. She picked around on her burger and completely refused to eat more of her "smiley fries" after her first bite. They were cold and gross, so I didn't blame her. The waiter took forever to come our way, and only refilled our drinks once. By the time my fiancé was finished, I was just ready to leave. No floats for us, thanks, goodbye!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were there Saturday night of the World Series game 3, St Louis vs Boston, so the crowd was lively. The staff were really friendly. The kids enjoyed it very much. My wife thought her burger was good, but not great. I liked the meatloaf. My younger kids enjoyed the chicken strips and fries.

Definitely get the rootbeer or cream soda. I usually drink diet Coke, but I had the rootbeer. It's great. Also, the floats and shakes are phenomenal. I would say dinner was good and dessert was great. We'll return next time were in St. Louis.