“Soda Microbrewing at its best”
Review of Fitz's

Fitz's
Ranked #20 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Providing delicious old-fashioned sodas and a great, family-friendly dining experience in the historic Delmar Loop.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is great place to take kids to eat. There is typically bottling going on that the kids can watch. You can get a wide variety of sodas and floats. The burger here are also very good.

2  Thank Anna R
There are newer reviews for Fitz's

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a large group (including 7 kids) and were seated upstairs by the games. I really appreciated this so we could watch the kids while we waited for food. Out of the group, favorites for this visit were pulled pork nachos and (seasonal) key lime soda. And of course, everyone loved their desserts! Our server was very nice and patient and food came out quickly. I will definitely be visiting Fitz's every time I'm in St. Louis. I even bought 2 4 packs of soda to take home!

1  Thank mfbigtravelers
Reviewed June 30, 2013

What a great place for a family lunch! Yummy burgers (beef and veggie), draft root beer and my first experience with the delightful fried pickle! We had a few burgers whilst on our 1 month stay in St Louis but this was the best one washed down with draft root beer. We sampled the new 'Coffee Cola' which sounds weird but is marvellous, and finished of with a huge root beer float that was all we needed for dessert for four of us.

Watching the bottling line from our table amused the kids for ages and it's good to see a small family run business as an alternative to the faceless corporates!

Keep it up Fitz's! A must try for all visits to St Louis along with The Loop Walk of Fame.

1  Thank Buckthetaff
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Discovered Fitz's about 2 years ago while visiting the Loop in St. Louis. I love a good draught Root Beer and had heard from some locals that I should try Fitz's. We arrived about 4pm on a Tues. afternoon. The place was packed. We were lucky and able to get a spot at the soda bar until our table was ready 15min later. They had 6 or 7 flavors of soda on draught. I had to try the Root Beer,it was delicious. I thought hey let's try a Black Cherry...the best I have ever had!!! Thankfully they have a bottomless mug. I think I had 10 in that 15mins. Amazing. Our table was available. I had the brisket sandwich and did not like the house BBQ sauce and that is the only reason I did not give them a 5. The staff are really friendly and attentive. Great location with a fun atmosphere inside an old bank. Really enjoyed being able to watch the bottling process. I can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Come check out their vintage bottling line! It's really neat watching the soda be made right in front of you! The food is also excellent and comes to you faster than you say "ROOT BEER FLOAT!" (Which are also very good)

Fitz's is a must go!! My family and I discovered this place about five years ago. We make at least an annual weekend trip to St. Louis and it just wouldn't be the same trip without a trip to Fitz's! The vintage bottling line (bottling by far some of the best root beer we've ever tasted) is so much fun to watch for adults and children alike! This trip, my new husband and I were so pleased to get to meet the owner and really get amazing first-hand knowledge of the bottling process! My children (who stayed back this trip) were genuinely jealous! :) The pickle chips are to die for! The rest of the meal ... just as pleasing! I had a burger platter and salad. My husband chose the fish and chips. Both of us were beyond pleased with the meal itself as well as the price. Oh, and I wouldn't dream of going without a bottomless mug of Root Beer! The atmosphere is really fun for couples or families. Meeting the owner was the biggest treat ever! This was Curtis' first visit and he insists on continuing our tradition of never missing Fitz's on a St. Louis long weekend! We will be back the end of July with the whole gang! Can't wait!!