“A Tradition for Our Family!”
Review of Fitz's

Fitz's
Ranked #20 of 2,901 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
ST PETE'S BEACH
“A Tradition for Our Family!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Come check out their vintage bottling line! It's really neat watching the soda be made right in front of you! The food is also excellent and comes to you faster than you say "ROOT BEER FLOAT!" (Which are also very good)

Fitz's is a must go!! My family and I discovered this place about five years ago. We make at least an annual weekend trip to St. Louis and it just wouldn't be the same trip without a trip to Fitz's! The vintage bottling line (bottling by far some of the best root beer we've ever tasted) is so much fun to watch for adults and children alike! This trip, my new husband and I were so pleased to get to meet the owner and really get amazing first-hand knowledge of the bottling process! My children (who stayed back this trip) were genuinely jealous! :) The pickle chips are to die for! The rest of the meal ... just as pleasing! I had a burger platter and salad. My husband chose the fish and chips. Both of us were beyond pleased with the meal itself as well as the price. Oh, and I wouldn't dream of going without a bottomless mug of Root Beer! The atmosphere is really fun for couples or families. Meeting the owner was the biggest treat ever! This was Curtis' first visit and he insists on continuing our tradition of never missing Fitz's on a St. Louis long weekend! We will be back the end of July with the whole gang! Can't wait!!

Charleston, West Virginia
“Yummy burgers!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a fun place. You can watch them make and bottle their soda (except on Monday). The food was fantastic. I had the black and bleu burger, onion rings, and house-made root beer and it was all great. A little pricey but it was worth it.

Visited June 2013
Wilton, California
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

On the Loop we stopped at Fitz's. We'd tried two flavors of their soda at Pappy's (root beer and cream soda). Here we ordered the Bleu Burger and a Ginger Beer and a River City Bacon Cheeseburger and an Orange Cream. Only 11 flavor left to try! The food was excellent, the place was pretty well packed and the people were friendly to chat with while eating. I didn't order a float because they have like 3 scoops of ice cream and you know darn well it's gonna be a real messy treat (a plate comes underneath for the fallout). This is one cool place on the Loop.

woodland, Illinois
“Kid friendly”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If your staying in St.Louis & would like a family friendly place to just grab a bite stop here. The root beer is good, and has a pretty decent menu with decent prices for families. Our waiter, Cory, was very nice & was quick to refill our mugs of root beer. The bottle process was going on while we were there so that was kinda fun, like a scene out of Laverne & Shirley! The bathrooms were rather gross though -

“Love fitzs”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

: How have I not reviewed fitzs..! sooner?! I've been going here for years from graduations parties to birthday parties and everything in between. It's one of my favorite spots. They are always rated high for being the best at both burgers and floats... I have friends who love floats and will order it every time, while I'm into bufalo wonder wings and will order every time (make sure you try smores float-- it's my favorite!). Their fitzs alcohol drinks selection is amazing...