“Great lunch!”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My mom and I stopped by this restaurant located by the Old Courthouse, the arch, and Garden City for lunch. It was beautiful out so we ate outside and ordered off of both the luncheon and dinner menus.

We shared the crab cakes which were quite good but different than I've ever had. My mom also had a salad with beets that she really enjoyed. She had some kind of steak & mushroom sandwhich while I had a pork sandwhich with pineapples and teriyaki sauce. All of our food was quite good and the service was very good, too.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

A colleague and I wandered in to Shannon's mostly because it was convenient and still serving dinner at 8:00. Since it was in the middle of a Cardinal's game, there were plenty of tables available and we asked to be seated on the bar side, hoping for a fun atmosphere. We both ordered the burrata mozzerella salad and the butternut squash soup. The salad was delcious, with a nice pesto over a generous mound of burrata lying on a bed of basil. The butternut squash soup was spicy and not at all what we expected but good. The service seemed a little off. Drinks came only minutes before the salad, followed almost immediately by the soup, and then the waiter disappeared for so long we had to ask the bus boy for our check. The salad, soup, and a glass of wine ran $30. I'm glad I didn't order a full dinner, but was happy to have something so convenient.

1  Thank diinslc
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

With a group, a ordered shrimp cocktail and calamari. The four shrimp were okay but I would NOT get it again. The calamari had a tasty breading and were cooked well. My filet was a bit undercooked. The ribeye was really fatty. The asparagus was large and somewhat bland. The man and cheese was very tasty. The service was good but service was odd since serving utensils were limited to one even with two dishes brought out. Guess the dishwasher was on break? Overall, I rank this place add okay but for the price I know there us much better in St Louis.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The interior to this restaurant sucks. It looks like an open hall you would see at the VFW or something ... The food is average, especially for the price you pay. The location is great, though. Very convenient.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I ordered the lobster, only because everything else on the menu was almost just as much. The lobster was huge, so that was good. Be prepared to pay a lot if you eat here. I wish they had the menu outside like most restaurants ... I felt like once I sat down, I was trapped.