“Great atmosphere!”
Review of Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood - CLOSED

Mike Shannon's Steaks & Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Van Buren, Missouri
“Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner on a saturday evening. The atmosphere was lovely and we had good service. The bacon wrapped scallops were wonderful as was the iceberg bowl salad. The steak that came with our surf and turf was just okay. It was cooked perfectly as we ordered med. rare but was kind of tough and had a lot of gristle. If I had to do it over I would have ordered one of the dry aged steaks instead. The apple pie dessert is the best I had had.

Tulsa
“Always a winner!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

You have to stop at Shannon's at least once while in St Louis. You honestly can't find better food, especially the steaks. We sat at the bar and had dinner and the staff was a blast. We got into some trivia wars with the bar tender and some other staff and just had a great time before walking 2 blocks over to the game. Definitely a 1st class establishment.

Visited September 2012
Valley Park, Missouri
“Great steaks”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Many varieties of steak - perfectly seasoned and prepared. Great location in conjunction with a ball game at Bush Stadium. Wine list and beers are good. Service is very good.

Visited June 2012
Saint Louis, MO
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a great place to go for a romantic dinner or business dinner. This place is upscale and the food is melt in your mouth good! The filet is amazing. Don't go on a day there is a Cardinals game it gets crazy in there and very crowded.

Visited June 2012
New York
“Fine Value During Restaurant Week”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I happened upon Mike Shannon's after not being able to eat at Pappy's, and for the most part, we did very well. First of all, our timing couldn't have been much better, as the Cardinals game had just started and the place was emptying out. Within 15 minutes, we had a table by the bar.

Our good fortune continued when we realized that we came in during restaurant week and that they had a killer prix fixe menu, which was even more welcome in light of Shannon's high prices. 3 courses for $25, with three different cuts of steak and deals on wine and beer? Don't mind if I do.

Our appetizers were spot spot spot on; my calamari was perfect, the sauce was great, and my wife's crab cake was superb. Soup and salad was equally fresh and enjoyable.

My wife's steak was great, but the server made the mistake of making a show of pouring the jus on my prime rib without asking, which was unfortunate because I don't enjoy ruining a nice cut of meat by covering it in salty broth. As I could have told her, this did little to enhance what was otherwise a lovely piece of meat. The server was a bit off-putting in another way as well, in that she paid undue attention to me, hamming it up, while ignoring my wife completely. I get that this is a upper-level steakhouse and that the clientele is primarily male, and, mind you, it wasn't blatantly rude, but it was noticeable.

In total, our bill, with 4 drinks, the food, and the 18 percent service charge assessed with the prix fixe, came to 90 dollars, a quite reasonable sum in my estimation in light of the great food. However, I can't help but think I would have been disappointed had we paid the full fare for a regular meal there.

• Visited August 2012