“A good place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Suffern, New York
“A good place!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My daughter and I ate at Sybergs, conveniently located on the side of the Pear Tree Inn, Union Station (One can enter from either outside, of from right inside the hotel.), twice--the first time, because it was recommended by the hotel concierge, and the second time, because it was so good the first time. In fact, the second time, we drove to a different section of St. Louis, with the intention of eating there, as planned, but drove back, because we agreed that we would really rather just eat at Syberg's. For the first meal, I felt like something light; I was completely bowled over by the freshness of the salad that I ordered. It tasted like it was just picked from the communal vegetable garden next door! Syberg's ran out of what my daughter first requested, but liked her 2nd choice of a Turkey Club sandwich so much, that she also ordered that the second time we were there. The homemade potato chips that accompanied the order was absolutely delicious! I tried the veggie burger during my second visit (I'm a vegetarian.). The "meat" tasted and looked so much like the real thing, that I had to ask a waiter to come over to verify that it was fake; he said that they get that a lot. I wasn't stuck on the sauce that came atop the burger. I ordered a side of cole slaw, which Syberg's had raved about. I didn't much care for it, but my daughter, who usually passes on cole slaw loved it.

Although the restaurant was relatively quiet during both of our late visits, the sports bar section was jumping! A few TVs are also in the restaurant, but they don't detract from conversation.

Our waitress was very attentive and friendly, during our first visit. They were busier with the bar side, during our second visit, and therefore left us alone for most of the meal.

We would definitely eat here again, should we come back to St. Louis!

• Visited August 2013

Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
“Good Food & Convenient Location”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed at the Pear Tree Inn, Market Street, St. Louis last week. Had to eat a couple meals & because of time I wasn't able to go out to seek another place to dine. Syberg's menu had a decent variety of food from the typical bar variety to dinners. The first day I enjoyed a salad selection & was impressed by the amount served. I was able to box half & enjoy it later that evening. Second day I ordered a chicken dish. Though it was slightly overcooked, it was still flavorful & the steamed broccoli a fresh & flavorful side. It seems a popular place & with good reason. Both visits we had great service & the staff was friendly & attentive. On my second visit, I was waited on by the same woman who served us lunch the day before. She remembered that I don't eat bread or cheese. Wow, that was impressive! Too, they're open late for those needing a late nite something before turning in.

• Visited September 2013
Oklahoma
“Nice local restaurant located in our hotel.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

You can tell this restaurant is a local hot spot, but also a wonderful tourist place. It has it's hooks (no pun intended), such as serving shark on it's menu. That's right, SHARK! And we bit. We ordered the shark app with Cajun seasoning and it was delicious. Not fishy at all, just a nice white meat fish cooked to perfection. We also ordered their raviolis, do not forget those they are amazing. I ordered a pork chop with bacon, and it was the best chop I have had in my life, hands down. Just melted in your mouth. My bf ordered their fish and chips, and their batter is to die for. We also ate there the next day and I ordered their chicken provel sandwich, because I was dying to try the St Louis local cheese. It was amazing as well. Hands down, everything we had there was top notch. Absolutely zero complaints about anything. Even their salads were perfect. Definitely stop in even if you are a tourist, you won't regret it. Plus, you need to try their Shark cocktail, it's worth the few dollars.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Okieamber
“Good place to unwind from a long trip”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I wanted a glass of wine and something to eat and we were very late arrivals at the Pear Tree Inn. We didn't know what to expect, because it was karaoke night! We enjoyed listening to the different groups of people sing, although they did get a little rowdy. We were still able to hear ourselves talk however, which was nice, and our waitress was very friendly. We ordered a plate of potato skins and some drinks. They were a little dry but otherwise good. We would visit again if in the area.

• Visited July 2013
East Tennessee
“Good food and service”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Came in late, about 9:30, and was greeted cheerfully. Our waitress was pushing the sweeper but put it away a soon as we were seated. Food was good, Bread on sandwiches was fresh and everything was very tasty.

Visited July 2013

Been to Syberg's? Share your experiences!