“Quality food and creativity”
Review of Sqwires

Sqwires
Reserve with OpenTable
Sqwires is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 2,900 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lafayette Square
Cross street: Park Avenue
Transit: Just a three-minute cab-ride from downtown, SqWires is a 15 minute walk from the Union Station Metrolink Station.
Description: Located in historic Lafayette Square, the most ardent food-lovers gather around as we offer seasonal menus, beautiful outdoor seating and a to die-for Bloody Mary bar.
San Francisco, California
“Quality food and creativity”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

When I go out for a meal, I want to order something I do not make at home. The menu and specials here made it hard to decide what to choose. The combinations were intriguing and what I expect from a proper chef. I had a brown sugar and chipotle glazed salmon with smashed lentils and green beans. My boyfriend had slow cooked beef ribs over mushroom bread pudding. We ate every bit of the good sized portion. Everything was cooked to perfection. It was busy for a friday night, but the server was attentive and friendly. Compliments to the chef!

• Visited November 2013

Frisco, CO, United States
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good food with a fun atmosphere. Not a fine dining location. Nice patio in a great neighborhood. Building is awesome and sufficient parking.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis
“neighborhood gem”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

always great food and wine. service is personal. good square plates and wine nights. good happy hour value. also good for a special occasion. 2 party rooms, 1 with a fireplace. also music on some nights and a nice festive outdoor area.

Visited October 2013
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
“Pretentious Brunch Place”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Let me start off by saying I love breakfast. The best kind of breakfast food is also some of the least healthy food you can put into your body. Breakfast is also one of the easiest (and cheapest, for that matter) to make, so I get a little annoyed when I see what is basically a slightly dressed up "egg mcmuffin" on a menu with a $6 price tag. I'm not opposed to paying for good food, but sometimes it seems like you're paying more for atmosphere than what's on the plate, and that definitely felt like what was happening as Sqwires. I will say it was a nice place to sit and enjoy a Sunday brunch. It's situated in a nice neighborhood and the restaurant was tastefully adorned (although we were relegated to the patio, which seemed problematic for our clearly overworked server, as he spent most of his time waiting on us sprinting inside to check on his other tables).

Visited October 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Great Wedding Venue”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My daughter got married here on the day before Labor Day and it was a wonderful experience for all of us! Karen, the catering manager, gave us attention beyond excellent, and anticipated all our needs. She organized (and was present for) the different activities, which included a wedding ceremony in the Front Room, reception in the main restaurant area, dinner in the Annex (for 150), and then back to the main restaurant area for dancing and drinks. The food was absolutely delicious, the service was excellent, the decor was lovely, and everyone was made to feel welcome.
We had a tasting several months prior to the wedding to decide on the menu, and there were many choices. The staff worked with my daughter's choice of florist and bakery, and everything proceeded seamlessly. I highly recommend Sqwires for any kind of special event! Thank you to everyone at Sqwires!!

• Visited September 2013