“Great spot for lunch or dinner”

Tucker's Place Soulard
Ranked #68 of 3,329 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soulard
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Tucker's has been serving delicious char-grilled steaks and burgers in Soulard for decades! Beautiful historic building with much charm and character! The food and service is awesome! Enjoy, it's a great place in a fabulous historic neighborhood!!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 5, 2019

Busy restaurant, known for its steaks, although we had burger and fish specials on our visit. My burger was well cooked and tasty, and my wife said her fish sandwich was excellent. A nice looking restaurant, with lots of interesting pictures and artifacts.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank 975DEREKK
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Had a great meal here while in the area for a meeting. I sat at the bar and the service was great and both bartenders were more than friendly. Ordered a filet which tasted great and was cooked perfectly. I would definitely come back here next time I’m in St. Louis.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 5, 2019 via mobile

Horrible experience at this establishment which makes me sad because I love the area and the people are usually very kind and thoughtful. Almost brought to tears at this establishment for trying to head upstairs to meet the remainder of my party for dinner on a Tuesday night. I was rudely asked where I was going and what I am doing when trying to go to my party of 6 guest. I was then made to wait for my significant other to park the car before I was allowed to head upstairs. All I wanted to do was have a nice dinner with a couple co workers but I was made to feel like I was doing something wrong by being there. Very offended and honestly disappointed. I also tried to make a formal complaint to the manager but was brushed off. I recommend not to go here unless you want to be treated poorly for a “steak dinner”. I’ll go elsewhere! Thank you!

Date of visit: March 2019
ToddW71, General Manager at Tucker's Place Soulard, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Brittany,
I am sorry you left our establishment unhappy. While I understand your concern, we do have seating policies. When your co-workers arrived they asked for a table of 6. We were near capacity and did not have any tables of 6 available, there would be a wait for a larger table. Your group chose to sit down at a table of 4 and said when the last 2 show up they will have to get a separate table. When you arrived the hostess greeted you and you walked right past her, and the "Please Wait To Be Seated" sign and proceeded to go upstairs to seat yourself. You were asked where you were going and if she could help you. We do not have a seat yourself policy in the evening, that is why the sign is there. We also have a no incomplete party policy especially when we have only a couple tables available. That is why we had you wait for significant other.

Reviewed January 19, 2019

This is the original location of Tuckers, there are now three in St. Louis and there's a reason for that, great food. this location from the outside looks like an older, two story house. And if you don't do stairs, tha'ts fine, there is plenty of seating on the main floor. There are daily lunch specials, the salads are huge, the appetizers delish, and the steaks are totally tender.

Date of visit: January 2019