“Good Steak.....Nice Environment”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good Steak.....Nice Environment”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Took my parents here for their 38th wedding anniversary....Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. The steaks were great. The dinner salad was really good. Their parking is not the greatest, we drove around the neighborhood several times in an attempt to find parking, but I think that's just the way it is in St. Louis, I had that issue in other places I checked out as well. This place is definitely worth checking out.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank MrsKimMorrow

Evansville, Indiana
“Expected More”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Tuckers had the look and feel of a neighborhood bar, but the reputation of a fine restaurant. We arrived a few minutes ahead of one of the members of our party so they understandable would not seat us until she arrived. We had been traveling all day and were famished, so we ordered drinks and appetizers at the bar. Once seated in the dining room, we were checking out the menu and the portions were ginormous! However the menu plainly stated there could be no sharing. So I stuck with a lemon chicken salad while my husband and friends ordered the 16oz filet with all of the trimmings. My salad was nothing to write home about; merely iceberg lettuce loaded with white cheese, and bacon bits with grilled chicken on top. The steaks were ordered medium rare and while the centers were done right, the outside was somewhat charred. The rest of the food was good, but not great. The servers were very helpful, and engaging and did whatever they could to accommodate us. They were excellent!!!

• Visited August 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Great steak”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Tucker's is the place for a great steak and a great value. Upstairs is great but seated downstairs near the bar has quite a tavern feel too it. The steak is excellent, portions are large and service was great. I am a repeat customer and two different locations and food/service are seamless between the two.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank pkrtrvlr
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came here for lunch on a Friday during our first visit to St. Louis..the food was very good and reasonably.priced for the value. The atmosphere was also nice--very eccentric and casual

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TennesseeTraveler582
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“For a great steak in St. Louis, look no further than Tucker's Place!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoyed another awesome meal at a Tucker's Place over the weekend! Tucker's specializes in steaks but does offer a few other options as well. Meals include a baked potato and salad as the sides. (The only thing I have tried and not been enthusiastic about is their pizza, but pizza is not why I go to Tucker's.) For lunch I give a big thumbs up to the daily sandwich specials, which are a really great deal...

On our visit last Saturday, three of us ordered steaks - all cooked perfectly to our requested doneness - and the other person in our party decided on the salmon. The steaks are basted with a tasty sauce near the end of the grilling process, so you might not even need steak sauce. Everyone was really happy with their meal, so we'll definitely be going back!

There are three Tucker's Place locations in St. Louis. For lunch I prefer the Soulard location and for dinner I prefer the West location on Manchester. The service can be a bit hit or miss, but on this visit the staff was refilling our drinks almost faster than we could drink them.

• Visited June 2013