“Every night is "special"”

Frazer's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Frazer's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 2,980 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Benton Park
Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you were to read Frazier's menu onlne you might be fooled into thinking your options are limited. in the many years of visiting Frazier's I'm not sure I have ever ordered off the menu. Frazier's has an incredible list of specials based on what is fresh, etc. I'm not sure how the wait staff remembers all the items but they do and that is one of the fun things about going to Frazier's...listening to the many specials for soups, appetizers, entrees, etc. Frazier's is fun, hip, and has great food.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We joined a group of friends for an early Saturday evening dinner.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the excellent service. I will return!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Chaulk Board has all todays items something for everybody, we always leave happy with food and atmosphere.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Went there because I heard it was good food & a fun place to go. The Bartender Savannah had no personality, cute but cute doesnt cut it. There was nothing going on. A customer told me there use to be a different bartender that did tricks, jokes & smiled all the time. Sorry I missed her :{ I was told she went to a bar down the street, thats here I'm going!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you're a tourist, this is the place to go after your free tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery. It is directly across the highway from AB. I'm a neighbor and I've been going to Frazer's half a dozen times a year or more for many years. I've worked my way through many of the regular items on the menu and I always find something new and intriguing as Frazer's mixes it up with the season or whatever looks good to the chef. My favorite app is the chorizo stuffed dates, and the carpacchio and cheese plates also rock as apps. Pick anything, all their apps are great.

Lately, my favorite entree is a spicy Moraccan fish dish. Can't miss with their frequently-offered pasta w/ asparagus and chicken, but you can get chicken and pasta at lots of restaurants, so pick an entree that is more adventurous and you won't be sorry. I'm a dark meat woman and enjoy their duck confit. The sauce totally makes this dish. Meat loaf is terrific when you need comfort food and comes w/ mashed potatoes and veggies -- enough for two meals.

Wine list is impressive and cocktails are a knockout. Lots of funky mosaics, a gorgeous bar and a serpentine sofa make the lounge area a very cool place to hang out. Prices are reasonable considering how beautiful this place is, the upscale funky feel of the place and the fresh, lovingly prepared food. Most dinner entrees are priced between $15 and $20. Crab boil will set you back about $40.

Wish I could remember my favorite waitress's name. Suffice to say if your waitress has a tattoo of the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard on her arm, then you are in the best of hands.

After a fabulous dinner, if you're in the mood for bar hopping, you can show your date how hip you are by heading to the Venice Cafe (which is really more of a bar than cafe) directly across the street to the west of Frazer's. You have to experience the Frazer's/Venice combo to believe it.