“Must Go!”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lindenwood Park
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went to this restaurant for valentines day. Considering how busy the restaurant was the staff was amazing. it was my first time ever going and first impression walking in was very nice and warm. They had a special menu and the selections were awesome. The service was amazing and the food was even better. the owner came to our table and introduced himself and the chef went to the trouble to make me an entree that was not on the valentine menu. I think this was probably the best tasting restaurant I ever went to in st louis. The waitress we had was awesome and if you go there ask for her Chelsy, you will not be dissappointed. It was an amazing dinner.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Marcella

Reviewed January 23, 2014

From the best toasted ravioli in the city to the best tiramisu in the city, and everything in between, Trattoria Marcella is tops in St. Louis for Italian.

Don't make the mistake of going to the hill. This place is tops!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was taken to Trattoria Marcella for my birthday in mid-January, having been told that it was consistently the best Italian restaurant by someone whose opinion I hold in high esteem. It turns out, she wasn't kidding; it was absolutely divine! It's pricey compared to some restaurants, but not unreasonable at all. Perry waited on us, and was attentive to our needs, and very skilled at recommending wine pairings with our entrees. Sincerely, Perry. AMAZING. For appetizers, we ordered the Prince Edward Island mussels, and I can say with no reservation that they were the best mussels I've ever eaten. They melted in our mouths and were served over an unbelievably good creamy pesto sauce. We also ordered very tasty calamari, which were served on top of a bed of flash fried spinach, a personal favorite of mine. My entree was the special for that evening, a shrimp and lobster risotto. I know that good risotto is a special challenge to get just right, so I thought I'd try them out. I was not disappointed at all. It was amazing, definitely the best risotto I've ever tasted. My dessert was a lemon custard with fresh berries, also delicious. My risotto made for excellent leftovers the next day, too! I look forward to coming back!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Trattoria Marcella has long been a favorite of mine. We dine here several times per year and have never really had a negative experience. It can be loud, crowded, and sometimes take longer than we would like, but the food is always excellent and the service has been attentive. I am quite surprised to read some of the negative remarks regarding the service, as I have never had an issue.

I have dined here with my wife, my children, with couples, colleagues, and out of town relatives and friends, over the years. I have had multi-course meals with wine and sometimes just a quick bite or dessert. It has always been consistently very good.

My favorite dish is the perennial special, the lobster risotto. Recently, I have enjoyed some of the weeknight 3 course specials. If you can, try dining here on a weeknight, if it is your first time.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been to their other restaurant, Mia Sorella, but never this one. What an experience! Our waiter, Michael, was extraordinary. He made our evening perfect! The food was spectacular. I had butternut squash ravioli...to die for! The attention to detail was perfect. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, or our waiter (who I will definitely request).